Jun 26, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
So far, so good.
The U.S. had to weather an early storm but grew in confidence as the half wore on, now they are just 45 minutes from advancing to the last 16 of the 2014 World Cup.
It is now a case of stick or twist for Jurgen Klinsmann, as his team continue to soak up German pressure. Can they now go for the win and try to win Group G to give themselves and easier path in the knockout rounds?
USA 0-0 Germany
[ FOLLOW LIVE – USA vs. Germany ]
5′ A cross from the right find Muller in the box but he misses the overhead kick, then Podolski fires over
8′ Podolski got in down the left and fizzed a great ball across the box which Howard collected
14′ Ozil looked to be clean through but Omar Gonzalez appeared to make a great last-ditch tackle
21′ Graham Zusi cuts inside from the left and curls an effort just over the bar
34′ Tim Howard makes a great stop from Muller, as Germany press for the opener
Questions for the second half:
Can the USA hold on? Will Germany bring Klose off the bench? Are they U.S. going to gamble and try to win the group?
- Copa America Final preview: Argentina looks for first title since 1993 against hosts Chile 0
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: KPB to Orlando City, Liverpool in for Brazilian teen 0
- Klinsmann on USMNT’s win over Guatemala: “I’m not happy with that performance” 1
- 2011 Women’s World Cup final loss still burns in Abby Wambach’s memory 1
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Guatemala 3
- USA 4-0 Guatemala: USMNT cruises into Gold Cup with win in Nashville 0