Jun 26, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
As kick off is fast approaching in Recife, well wishes are flooding in (pardon the pun as the weather conditions in Recife worsen) for the U.S. national team.
Only needing a point vs. Germany on Thursday to advance from the so-called “Group of Death” and make the last 16, the U.S. players have made everyone proud so far during the 2014 World Cup.
That being said, the likes of Hulk Hogan, Will Ferell dressed up in a soccer kit and the brilliantly named Teddy Goalsevelt have all sent their best wishes to the team, while Ferrell and Goalsevelt are also down in Recife whipping up the U.S. fans into a frenzy ahead of the pivotal clash.
U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati also revealed that Ferrell will be playing for the USA vs. Germany. Ferrell then exclaimed that he’s “not in the best soccer shape.”
Below you can watch the videos to get yourself pumped up for what promises to be one of the most intense matches in U.S. national team history. Let’s go!
Ferrell and Goalsevelt in action down in Recife…
Hogan rolling back the years to fire up the U.S. squad…
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 1
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 0
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 2
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 3