Jun 26, 2014, 5:35 PM EST
England’s World Cup barely came to a close before the ol’ Southampton exodus rumor mill fired up again, as the BBC is reporting that Luke Shaw has a medical coming at Manchester United.
The 18-year-old left back has been the subject of transfer rumors for a long time, and the Premier League’s season end brought reports that Shaw requested a move to Old Trafford.
There were also reports that Southampton rejected a big-money offer — about $46 million — for Shaw, but a medical would mean that a fee has been agreed between the two parties.
Luke Shaw is expected to have a medical at Manchester United “very soon”, reports BBC Radio Solent.
Shaw became the youngest player to feature at the 2014 World Cup when he played the full game in England’s 0-0 draw with Costa Rica on Tuesday.
Shaw would certainly help a porous Red Devils defense should the high-profile move go through.
Louis van Gaal sealed a deal for longtime United target Ander Herrera from Athletic Bilbao earlier Thursday, a player named dozens of times as a desired option for David Moyes last offseason.
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 1
- Lille, Werder Bremen noted frontrunners for Jozy Altidore’s services 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 17 0
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0
- Premier League Preview: Aston Villa vs. Manchester United 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Everton, Manchester United, Liverpool 0