Jun 27, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Turkish giants Galatasaray have confirmed talks with Manchester United flop David Moyes as they look to fill their managerial void.
He apparently had a conversation with club president Unal Aysal, but it was not a serious conversation.
However, the club also confirmed Moyes isn’t their top target, as they are hoping to woo German pair Jurgen Klinsmann and Joachim Löw.
“[The president] said that we just spoke with David Moyes,” a club spokesperson said. “[The president also] that he can come to Galatasaray but he is not one of the main targets for us.
“They just spoke to each other, exchanging ideas – that it is it. It is true the president talked with David Moyes. We are not in a rush, we are waiting for the end of the World Cup. The first two targets are Low or Klinsmann.”
ESPN is reporting the club told Moyes they weren’t interested following the talks.
The position is open after the club parted ways with former Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini at the conclusion of this past season.
Moyes claimed after he was dismissed from Manchester United that he wishes to continue managing in the Champions League, and that he has said no to multiple offers from teams below the competition.
Klinsmann received a new contract from US Soccer earlier this summer that takes him through the 2018 World Cup. Löw’s was extended last summer and runs through Euro 2016. If the German boss finishes out his contract, he will have been in charge of Die Mannschaft for 10 years.
- Vancouver sends Nigel Reo-Coker to Chivas USA for Mauro Rosales 0
- Tim Howard taking a break from U.S. international duty 5
- Report: Xabi Alonso heading to Manchester United 9
- Mario Balotelli edging closer to shock $26 million Liverpool switch 16
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Tiote to Arsenal, Destro to Chelsea 0
- Angel Di Maria gets love from Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Diego Simeone 2