Jun 27, 2014, 2:38 PM EDT
Okay, so maybe this is a bit of a stretch… but I had to share this video after stumbling across it online.
Following Ghana’s elimination from the World Cup, videos of their players dancing, singing and playing musical instruments on the training field have emerged.
Above is a video from a training session from before they played Germany, plus there are similar videos out there from before they played the U.S. We all saw Asamoah Gyan‘s awesome goal celebration against Germany when the Black Stars drew 2-2, if you didn’t then look no further, it is superb and rivals Colombia’s dance moves for the goal celebration of the tournament.
One question: Did Ghana spend too much time singing and dancing in training sessions instead of practicing? Probably not, but it is worth contemplating now they have a long time to sit and watch the rest of the WC at home.
I really enjoy their rhythmic dances and top notch musicians/soccer players (check out Gyan with the cow bell and the dude playing drums sat on a drinks cooler) and I’m genuinely glad I stumbled upon this video to see the cultures of one of the World Cup nations come to life. However if I was a Ghanaian fan watching this, I’m not quite sure how I would feel.
- Chicago Fire 2-1 Houston Dynamo: Stoppage-time winner caps off Chicago comeback (VIDEO) 0
- Premier League Preview: Sunderland vs. Arsenal 0
- Still defending racial incident, seething at bite talk, Suarez returns for Barcelona 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks – Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 1
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0