Jun 28, 2014, 5:11 PM EST
In what can only be described as a barbaric attack, one England fan has had a huge chunk of his ear bitten off at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
The incident occurred during England’s 2-1 defeat to Uruguay on June 19 (no, before you ask, Luis Suarez had nothing to do with this) but after a police investigation the guilty party has not been identified.
Here’s where it gives even crazier: the person who is believed to have bitten his ear off is another England fan.
Former England international and now a prominent figure in the English media, Stan Collymore, revealed the story and has since Tweeted the following picture of the Sunday People’s front page for tomorrow morning.
More details are in this report from the BBC, including how English police officers who traveled with the nations fans have been working hard to try and pick out the individual but after a thorough search of the crowd during the Three Lions’ final World Cup game vs. Costa Rica, they came up blank.
WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE: The graphic picture below shows it all, as this extreme act of violence managed to take place in Sao Paulo without any repercussions.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Big boys tangle ahead of League Cup final 0
- Bundesliga wrap: Dortmund and Bayern flying high with big goal performances 0
- Premier League roundup: Manchester United go third, tight wins elsewhere 0
- Manchester United’s two-goal hero Wayne Rooney hails “deserved win.” Should he stay up front? 1
- Manchester United 2-0 Sunderland: Rooney nets double to seal easy win 0
- Newcastle United 1-0 Aston Villa: Cisse’s goal keeps Sherwood’s Villans in the drop zone 0