Jun 30, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
Almost cannot believe we’re saying this, but Algeria’s speed gives them the label of better team after 45 minutes.
Unfortunately, that and a bag of peanuts will get you some protein. Germany looks pretty vulnerable against surging Algeria attack. Could this be an upset for the ages?
FOLLOW LIVE: Soccerly’s real-time match center
Other key moments:
18′ — Faouzi Ghoulam‘s curling, outswinging shot bends too acutely to find side-netting. The Desert Foxes brought their A-game.
33′ — A free kick from a very dangerous position is wasted by Sofiane Feghouli
41′ — M’Bohli with brilliant goalkeeping to thwart and Muller and Goetze attack. The latter looks bewildered at how this match is going.
Stats to know
8 – Germany appearances in the semifinal or better of their 11 World Cup runs.
1 – Algeria knockout round appearances (This one).
Questions for the second half:
Can Algeria find its final ball? The Desert Foxes have done everything but score.
Will Joachim Low make the right adjustments? The German genius needs to find a way to keep his back line safe against Feghouli, Slimani and company.
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Inter Milan (Lineups and Discuss) 0
- Liverpool complete $17 million signing of Belgian striker Divock Origi 1
- Tim Howard joins NBC Sports’ Premier League broadcast team on multi-year deal 11
- VIDEO: US stars fight – Omar Gonzalez vs. Clint Dempsey, DeAndre Yedlin 6
- Manchester United’s Luke Shaw trains on his own, told he’s “not fit enough” 2
- MLS Snapshot: Seattle Sounders 0-3 LA Galaxy 3