Jun 30, 2014, 12:59 PM EST
France have been pinned back by Nigeria so far, as the Super Eagles have taken the game to Didier Dechamps’ men but the sides are locked at 0-0 in Brasilia.
Emmanuel Emenike has put the ball in the back of the net for Nigeria but it was called offside, while France have found Nigeria’s defense hard to break down.
Let’s take a look at what we found out in the first half.
FOLLOW LIVE: Soccerly’s real-time match center
Other key moments:
18′: Musa whips in a great ball that Emenike tucks home at the near post but the Fenerbache forward was just offside. So close for Nigeria.
22′: Enyeama pulls off a wonderful stop after a simply brilliant volley from Pogba.
33′: Debuchy latches onto the ball after a great run from Valbuena but lashes his shot horribly wide.
43′: Emenike smashes a shot in on goal that Lloris can’t hold but beats away to safety.
Stats to know
6 – France have had six shots but have found Enyeama in top form for Nigeria so far.
5 – Nigeria aren’t far behind and are causing France plenty of problems with their direct style of play.
Questions for the second half:
Can Nigeria keep pushing for the opener?
Nobody really expected Nigeria to have a good go at France in the first half. Now that they have, can they sustain it? Emenike is a livewire and on both wings they have Moses and Musa who can cause plenty of problems. If they can keep the tempo high, the shock is on for Nigeria.
Will France switch things up?
Sooner or later you feel like France will have to switch things up as Benzema and Giroud just aren’t linking up in attack. Will Antoine Griezmann be called upon?
- In less than five months, Diego Costa has become Premier League villain No. 1 2
- Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool: Ivanovic ensures Blues trip to Cup final after testy second leg 0
- New York, Montreal complete huge trade; Kljestan free to join Red Bulls 7
- Report: Manchester City to play New York City in Yankee Stadium friendly 2
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0