Jul 1, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
After the USA’s defeat to Belgium in the Round of 16 on Tuesday, the Twittersphere reacted to the U.S. being knocked out of the World Cup.
Athletes, politicians and celebrities of every kind took to social media to salute the magnificent U.S. effort and let the 23-men who made a nation proud know just what they had achieved.
[RELATED: Player Ratings – How the U.S. fared ]
[RELATED: Three things we learned ]
Below is a whole host of messages sent out in support of the U.S. national team, as a somber yet appreciative mood sweeps across America.
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees.
JT was impressed with what he saw, and proud. Please don’t “cry me a river”…
Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson.
Belgian captain Vincent Kompany shows his respect for Howard’s wonderful performance.
The U.S. players almost got a smooch from Katy Perry… almost…
Ryan Seacrest shows his pride.
Actor James Van Der Beek.
San Francsico 49ers show their appreciation.
Wayne Rooney will be gutted with the result…
The White House and President Obama have high hopes for the future.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0