Jul 1, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
After the USA’s defeat to Belgium in the Round of 16 on Tuesday, the Twittersphere reacted to the U.S. being knocked out of the World Cup.
Athletes, politicians and celebrities of every kind took to social media to salute the magnificent U.S. effort and let the 23-men who made a nation proud know just what they had achieved.
[RELATED: Player Ratings – How the U.S. fared ]
[RELATED: Three things we learned ]
Below is a whole host of messages sent out in support of the U.S. national team, as a somber yet appreciative mood sweeps across America.
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees.
JT was impressed with what he saw, and proud. Please don’t “cry me a river”…
Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson.
Belgian captain Vincent Kompany shows his respect for Howard’s wonderful performance.
The U.S. players almost got a smooch from Katy Perry… almost…
Ryan Seacrest shows his pride.
Actor James Van Der Beek.
San Francsico 49ers show their appreciation.
Wayne Rooney will be gutted with the result…
The White House and President Obama have high hopes for the future.
- Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup roundup: Union, Orlando, Chicago move on as Charlotte bounced 0
- With the World Cup on the line, the USWNT gave us a vintage performance to savor 1
- United States defeats Germany, advances to Women’s World Cup final 12
- Reports: Galaxy on verge of landing El Tri star Dos Santos as “core player” 8
- Report: Sepp Blatter will not attend Women’s World Cup final 0
- Nigel Pearson fired as manager by Leicester City 2