Jul 1, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
After the USA’s defeat to Belgium in the Round of 16 on Tuesday, the Twittersphere reacted to the U.S. being knocked out of the World Cup.
Athletes, politicians and celebrities of every kind took to social media to salute the magnificent U.S. effort and let the 23-men who made a nation proud know just what they had achieved.
[RELATED: Player Ratings – How the U.S. fared ]
[RELATED: Three things we learned ]
Below is a whole host of messages sent out in support of the U.S. national team, as a somber yet appreciative mood sweeps across America.
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees.
JT was impressed with what he saw, and proud. Please don’t “cry me a river”…
Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson.
Belgian captain Vincent Kompany shows his respect for Howard’s wonderful performance.
The U.S. players almost got a smooch from Katy Perry… almost…
Ryan Seacrest shows his pride.
Actor James Van Der Beek.
San Francsico 49ers show their appreciation.
Wayne Rooney will be gutted with the result…
The White House and President Obama have high hopes for the future.
- Inside Look, MLS Cup Playoffs: How Revs, Galaxy built very different one-goal leads 0
- Recap: LA Galaxy grab 1-0 lead over Seattle Sounders in Western Conference Championship 1
- Despite artificial turf, New York Red Bulls’ Thierry Henry says he’ll play next week at New England 1
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 6
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 1
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 3