Jul 1, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
Coming off the bench for his full competitive debut as the youngest ever U.S. player at the World Cup, Julian Green made an instant impact.
The 19-year-old volleyed home in style after Michael Bradley‘s superb chipped pass to half the Belgian lead and make it 2-1 with less than 10 minutes to go in extra time.
This kid is going to be some player.
Watch a clip of his first-ever goal for the USA below.
- 2015 Gold Cup: Three things we learned from the USA’s 2-1 victory over Honduras 0
- USMNT 2-1 Honduras: Dempsey brace enough for sloppy Yanks 1
- LOGO: Atlanta United unveils logo, makes name official at Tuesday event 2
- FOLLOW LIVE: USMNT begins Gold Cup defense versus Honduras (Lineups) 0
- WATCH: President Obama calls & congratulates USWNT, invites team to White House 0
- 2015 Gold Cup predictions: Can the USMNT win back-to-back titles? Here’s our picks… 1