Jul 2, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
The pitch-invader during the United States’ 2-1 loss to Belgium in the Round of 16 found a clever way to put himself in position to get on the pitch – by using a wheelchair to gain himself a select spot to pounce onto the field of play.
The man, Mario Ferri, is a well-known pitch invader from Italy who bears a resemblance to Antonio Cassano, who, ironically enough, is a player Ferri ran onto a Serie A pitch earlier this year to support. Wearing a Superman tee shirt bearing Cassano’s name, Ferri ran onto the home side’s field during the Sampdoria-Napoli match to support the striker’s bid to make the Italian National Team.
On Tuesday, Ferri broke out the Superman tee again but this time with the hashtag “Save favelas children”, referring to Brazil’s impoverished neighborhoods, many of which were occupied and demolished by the government before this summer’s World Cup.
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 23 0
- Geoff Cameron predicts Super Bowl XLIX win for his New England Patriots 1
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Manchester City, Arsenal, Saints to win 0
- Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Ban upheld: Diego Costa to miss Saturday’s visit from Manchester City, 2 more 3