Jul 3, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
The full force of Hurricane Arthur is heading towards the Carolina’s and has put an end to any soccer in the area.
A state of emergency was declared in the City of Wilmington, North Carolina, meaning the schedule match between the Wilmington Hammerheads and Orlando City SC of the USL Pro had to be been postponed due to the worsening conditions on the Atlantic coast.
The Hammerheads’ Legion Stadium is less than 8 miles to the coast and is even closer to the Cape Fear River, as concerns grow in the region over the damage Hurricane Arthur could cause.
From PST, our best wishes go out to those across the regions impacted by the Hurricane.
- PST Extra: Getting you ready for The Manchester Derby (video) 0
- European clubs propose later domestic Cup finals, April-May World Cup in 2022 4
- Rumors know no window: Liverpool after Reus, Manchester United wants Draxler 2
- VIDEO: Hugely-controversial call sees FC Dallas past Vancouver in playoffs. Your vote? 5
- Timbers’ Steve Zakuani announces retirement from professional soccer 2
- League Cup Roundup: Balotelli saves Liverpool, Newcastle defeat Manchester City 0