Jul 3, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
The full force of Hurricane Arthur is heading towards the Carolina’s and has put an end to any soccer in the area.
A state of emergency was declared in the City of Wilmington, North Carolina, meaning the schedule match between the Wilmington Hammerheads and Orlando City SC of the USL Pro had to be been postponed due to the worsening conditions on the Atlantic coast.
The Hammerheads’ Legion Stadium is less than 8 miles to the coast and is even closer to the Cape Fear River, as concerns grow in the region over the damage Hurricane Arthur could cause.
From PST, our best wishes go out to those across the regions impacted by the Hurricane.
- Premier League friendly roundup: Man City lose in Germany, Liverpool win in Finland 0
- MLS Snapshot: New York City FC 2-3 Montreal Impact (video) 0
- Brendan Rodgers says $50 million for Christian Benteke was a bargain 0
- Saturday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Berbatov to Villa, Rahman to Chelsea 1
- Manchester United, adidas unveil kits with “smashing” photos 4
- Pep Guardiola on final year of contract: “Not completely convinced” he’s right for Bayern 1