Jul 3, 2014, 12:20 PM EDT
The full force of Hurricane Arthur is heading towards the Carolina’s and has put an end to any soccer in the area.
A state of emergency was declared in the City of Wilmington, North Carolina, meaning the schedule match between the Wilmington Hammerheads and Orlando City SC of the USL Pro had to be been postponed due to the worsening conditions on the Atlantic coast.
The Hammerheads’ Legion Stadium is less than 8 miles to the coast and is even closer to the Cape Fear River, as concerns grow in the region over the damage Hurricane Arthur could cause.
From PST, our best wishes go out to those across the regions impacted by the Hurricane.
- Premier League Sunday preview: Manchester United vs. Chelsea headlines 3
- Seattle 2-0 L.A. Galaxy: Pappa the hero again, Sounders win 1st Shield 3
- Premier League roundup: Arsenal, Saints win, Manchester City stunned (video) 0
- Real Madrid 3-1 Barcelona: Real win El Clasico, Suarez returns 5
- Sunderland 0-2 Arsenal: Sanchez seals win after horrendous defending (video) 0
- VIDEO: Russell Brand crashes Sam Allardyce’s presser with a huge kiss 3