Jul 3, 2014, 12:20 PM EST
The full force of Hurricane Arthur is heading towards the Carolina’s and has put an end to any soccer in the area.
A state of emergency was declared in the City of Wilmington, North Carolina, meaning the schedule match between the Wilmington Hammerheads and Orlando City SC of the USL Pro had to be been postponed due to the worsening conditions on the Atlantic coast.
The Hammerheads’ Legion Stadium is less than 8 miles to the coast and is even closer to the Cape Fear River, as concerns grow in the region over the damage Hurricane Arthur could cause.
From PST, our best wishes go out to those across the regions impacted by the Hurricane.
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 0
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 0
- After failed odyssey abroad, Brek Shea returns to MLS with Orlando City 1
- Lille, Werder Bremen noted frontrunners for Jozy Altidore’s services 1
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 17 0
- Another set back for Southampton: Jay Rodriguez’s nightmare year continues 0