Jul 4, 2014, 10:18 AM EST
Everton have released the new club crest, after fans were given the chance to select the teams new badge.
Last summer Chairman Bill Kenwright and the board at Goodison Park decided to give the clubs old badge an upgrade and a more modern look for the 2013-14 Premier League seasons.
Turns out, that was a bad idea. Very bad.
Massive protests from fans ensued as plenty of angry protests played out against the change in the club badge. Evertonians were not happy, at all. After all that, the club agreed to change the badge back to a more traditional look for this season and gave its fans the chance to decide exactly how it would look for the first time in their history.
The result can be seen above on the right, as the clubs motto “Nil Satis Nisi Optimum” returns to the crest, while the tower and shield design also return in the classic blue and white colors.
As Everton prepare for the 2014-15 Premier League season under Roberto Martinez, they also have a UEFA Europa League campaign to look forward to after their impressive fifth-placed finish last season.
With a new badge, new kit sponsored by Umbro and a general lick of paint freshening things up, it’s fair to say the new season is just around the corner at Goodison.
What do you think of the new Everton badge? Is it an upgrade on the badge it is replacing (pictured, left), or should Everton have kept things the same?
Let us know in the comments section below.
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Everton, Man United, Man City, Stoke 0
- Watching a UEFA Champions League game with US star Geoff Cameron 0
- WATCH: PST Extra previews Liverpool vs. Manchester City 0
- Jose Mourinho reveals love for League Cup ahead of Chelsea’s final vs. Tottenham 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 27 0
- New York City FC confirm they tried to sign Xavi, will try again in 2015 0