Jul 4, 2014, 11:49 PM EST
President of the US Soccer Federation Sunil Gulati has declared his support for national team coach Jurgen Klinsmann.
Gulati tweeted Friday how impressed he was with Klinsmann’s view towards the future after bowing out of the World Cup Round of 16.
“Jurgen Klinsmann has been home for a day and has already sent five emails on ideas for US Soccer moving forward #commitment #1N1T”
It’s a good sign that Klinsmann is looking towards the future, although that is kind of his job.
Klinsmann has a contract through the 2018 World Cup in Russia, and unless the team seriously disappoints in competitions leading up to that event, he’s expected to be allowed to complete that contact before his position is evaluated.
Many struggled to determine whether Klinsmann’s result in the 2014 World Cup was a success or disappointment after the Round of 16 loss to Belgium. Many argued it was successful to just escape the “Group of Death” with Germany, Portugal, and Ghana. Others said the placement is not any improvement over past results.
- West Ham United 1-3 Crystal Palace: Eagles win fiery London derby 1
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Sunderland (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- WATCH: Premier League live online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 27 0
- Odell Beckham Jr. appears on TV show in England, reveals former dream was to be a pro soccer player 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Everton, Man United, Man City, Stoke 0
- Watching a UEFA Champions League game with US star Geoff Cameron 1