Jul 4, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
The goals have come pouring in early, as both teams have netted once inside the opening 15 minutes.
Early indications show it will be a much closer affair than the 4-0 demolition the Red Bulls laid on the Dynamo earlier this season, with Bradley Wright-Phillips bagging a hat-trick.
Wright-Phillips already has one in this match as well, a 13th minute strike to level things up after Houston’s goal in under a minute.
Houston’s early score equals their total tally from the previous five meetings with New York.
The teams are just two points apart in the Eastern Conference standings, and a win would jump Houston over the Red Bulls into fifth position. A New York win would put the Red Bulls up into fourth place above Toronto.
WATCH LIVE: Houston vs. New York on NBC Sports Live Extra
Houston – Hall; Sarkodie, Brunner, Cochran, Creavalle; Driver, Clark, García, Davis; Barnes, Bruin.
New York – Robles; Oyongo, Miazga, Olave, Duvall; Alexander, Cahill, Sekagya, Sam; Henry, Wright-Phillips.
- Three things we learned from the USMNT’s late 1-1 draw in Switzerland 0
- Player ratings: Stars and flops for the USMNT in 1-1 draw at Switzerland 5
- Switzerland 1-1 USMNT: Another late equalizer cancels out Shea’s stunner 2
- VIDEO: Watch Brek Shea’s stunning free kick for USA against Switzerland 2
- Lineups out for USMNT vs. Switzerland: Williams, Morales, Shea come in; diamond in midfield 2
- VIDEO: Watch Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale dominate NBA’s half court challenge 0