Jul 4, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
The goals have come pouring in early, as both teams have netted once inside the opening 15 minutes.
Early indications show it will be a much closer affair than the 4-0 demolition the Red Bulls laid on the Dynamo earlier this season, with Bradley Wright-Phillips bagging a hat-trick.
Wright-Phillips already has one in this match as well, a 13th minute strike to level things up after Houston’s goal in under a minute.
Houston’s early score equals their total tally from the previous five meetings with New York.
The teams are just two points apart in the Eastern Conference standings, and a win would jump Houston over the Red Bulls into fifth position. A New York win would put the Red Bulls up into fourth place above Toronto.
WATCH LIVE: Houston vs. New York on NBC Sports Live Extra
Houston – Hall; Sarkodie, Brunner, Cochran, Creavalle; Driver, Clark, García, Davis; Barnes, Bruin.
New York – Robles; Oyongo, Miazga, Olave, Duvall; Alexander, Cahill, Sekagya, Sam; Henry, Wright-Phillips.
- Maps, rivals, stadiums: Location of all 20 Premier League teams for 2015-16 season 2
- On his way out of PSG, should Arsenal or Manchester United sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic? 1
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Rose to Chelsea, Traore to Liverpool 1
- AZ Alkmaar agree to sell USMNT forward Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen 3
- Premier League Goalkeeper preview: Who’s in our Top Five, and who switched clubs? 4
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 10