Jul 4, 2014, 9:18 PM EDT
The goals have come pouring in early, as both teams have netted once inside the opening 15 minutes.
Early indications show it will be a much closer affair than the 4-0 demolition the Red Bulls laid on the Dynamo earlier this season, with Bradley Wright-Phillips bagging a hat-trick.
Wright-Phillips already has one in this match as well, a 13th minute strike to level things up after Houston’s goal in under a minute.
Houston’s early score equals their total tally from the previous five meetings with New York.
The teams are just two points apart in the Eastern Conference standings, and a win would jump Houston over the Red Bulls into fifth position. A New York win would put the Red Bulls up into fourth place above Toronto.
WATCH LIVE: Houston vs. New York on NBC Sports Live Extra
Houston – Hall; Sarkodie, Brunner, Cochran, Creavalle; Driver, Clark, García, Davis; Barnes, Bruin.
New York – Robles; Oyongo, Miazga, Olave, Duvall; Alexander, Cahill, Sekagya, Sam; Henry, Wright-Phillips.
- Tuesday’s Top 5 Champions League Goals: Which was the best? 0
- A Klinsmann Casualty? Juan Agudelo passed on by Wolverhampton 3
- Steven Gerrard admits he denied move to Real Madrid and that it may haunt him in the future 1
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Bayern, Chelsea, Shakhtar go crazy on 40-goal night 0
- Chelsea 6-0 Maribor: Hazard brace keeps Blues atop Group G 0
- AS Roma 1-7 Bayern Munich: Sublime Bayern smash Roma to go five points clear in Group E 1