Jul 6, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
26-year-old Tim Ream will be continuing his career in the English Championship after signing a three-year extension with Bolton Wanderers, the club confirmed.
The St. Louis-born defender successfully secured a work permit and will be under Bolton control until the summer of 2017.
“I’m really pleased to have extended my deal here,” Ream told Bolton’s official site. “I certainly feel like I’ve developed as a player during my time over here and with my family we’re settled in the local area.”
Ream earned both the team’s and fans’ Player of the Year awards last year, making 45 appearances across all competitions.
Overall, Ream has 76 appearances with the team after signing from New York Red Bulls in 2012. He has eight USMNT caps, most recently in last year’s friendly against Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3