Jul 6, 2014, 9:45 PM EST
26-year-old Tim Ream will be continuing his career in the English Championship after signing a three-year extension with Bolton Wanderers, the club confirmed.
The St. Louis-born defender successfully secured a work permit and will be under Bolton control until the summer of 2017.
“I’m really pleased to have extended my deal here,” Ream told Bolton’s official site. “I certainly feel like I’ve developed as a player during my time over here and with my family we’re settled in the local area.”
Ream earned both the team’s and fans’ Player of the Year awards last year, making 45 appearances across all competitions.
Overall, Ream has 76 appearances with the team after signing from New York Red Bulls in 2012. He has eight USMNT caps, most recently in last year’s friendly against Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- Liverpool 2-2 Arsenal: Wounded Skrtel turns away Gunners at the death (video) 1
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0