Jul 6, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
26-year-old Tim Ream will be continuing his career in the English Championship after signing a three-year extension with Bolton Wanderers, the club confirmed.
The St. Louis-born defender successfully secured a work permit and will be under Bolton control until the summer of 2017.
“I’m really pleased to have extended my deal here,” Ream told Bolton’s official site. “I certainly feel like I’ve developed as a player during my time over here and with my family we’re settled in the local area.”
Ream earned both the team’s and fans’ Player of the Year awards last year, making 45 appearances across all competitions.
Overall, Ream has 76 appearances with the team after signing from New York Red Bulls in 2012. He has eight USMNT caps, most recently in last year’s friendly against Bosnia-Herzegovina.
- MLS roundup: Goals galore as Sounders, Crew SC, Galaxy cruise to three points 0
- MLS Snapshot: LA Galaxy 2-1 Sporting Kansas City 0
- MLS Snapshot: Real Salt Lake 0-1 Vancouver Whitecaps 0
- MLS Snapshot: Columbus Crew SC 3-0 Orlando City SC 4
- Premier League Sunday preview: Can Spurs, Man City find hope versus Newcastle, West Ham? 0
- Premier League roundup: Chelsea closer to title; Leicester climb off the bottom 0