Jul 7, 2014, 1:19 PM EDT
There are plenty of big names in the news Monday, from World Cup stars to a defender controversially left off England’s roster. Let’s get right to it.
This weekend’s rumor of an Ashley Cole to Roma move is a concrete fact today. The longtime Chelsea defender, 33, is bringing his talents to i Lupi on a two-year deal. He’ll join a D-corps that already has Maicon and Mehdi Benatia.
Liverpool and Lille have agreed on a fee to bring Belgium striker Divock Origi, 19, to Anfield, and the Reds are also looking to bolster the flanks with 20-year-old Benfica winger Lazar Markovic. Origi scored a goal for the Red Devills in the World Cup and netted five times for Lille this season.
Meanwhile, former Blackpool and Crystal Palace man Tom Ince has found a home at Hull.
— Hull City Official (@hullcityteam) July 7, 2014
Manchester City has apparently identified their replacement for Costel Pantillimon, who left for Sunderland on a free transfer. Malaga keeper Wily Caballero will give Joe Hart support and a bit of competition from behind this year.
Finally, versatile 21-year-old left back (or mid) Juan Bernat has made a move from Valencia to Bayern Munich.
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester United 0
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0
- Geoff Cameron takes us behind-the-scenes at Stoke City 1
- Brendan Rodgers insists Raheem Sterling will remain at Liverpool 0
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 1
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6