Jul 7, 2014, 1:19 PM EST
There are plenty of big names in the news Monday, from World Cup stars to a defender controversially left off England’s roster. Let’s get right to it.
This weekend’s rumor of an Ashley Cole to Roma move is a concrete fact today. The longtime Chelsea defender, 33, is bringing his talents to i Lupi on a two-year deal. He’ll join a D-corps that already has Maicon and Mehdi Benatia.
Liverpool and Lille have agreed on a fee to bring Belgium striker Divock Origi, 19, to Anfield, and the Reds are also looking to bolster the flanks with 20-year-old Benfica winger Lazar Markovic. Origi scored a goal for the Red Devills in the World Cup and netted five times for Lille this season.
Meanwhile, former Blackpool and Crystal Palace man Tom Ince has found a home at Hull.
— Hull City Official (@hullcityteam) July 7, 2014
Manchester City has apparently identified their replacement for Costel Pantillimon, who left for Sunderland on a free transfer. Malaga keeper Wily Caballero will give Joe Hart support and a bit of competition from behind this year.
Finally, versatile 21-year-old left back (or mid) Juan Bernat has made a move from Valencia to Bayern Munich.
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0
- Three things we learned from Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Player Ratings: How did Chelsea, Manchester City’s stand-in’s fare? 0
- Chelsea 1-1 Manchester City: Blues maintain five-point lead atop table 1
- Manchester United 3-1 Leicester City: Red Devils up to third 0
- Liverpool 2-0 West Ham United: Coutinho shines, Sturridge scores in return 1