Jul 7, 2014, 1:19 PM EDT
There are plenty of big names in the news Monday, from World Cup stars to a defender controversially left off England’s roster. Let’s get right to it.
This weekend’s rumor of an Ashley Cole to Roma move is a concrete fact today. The longtime Chelsea defender, 33, is bringing his talents to i Lupi on a two-year deal. He’ll join a D-corps that already has Maicon and Mehdi Benatia.
Liverpool and Lille have agreed on a fee to bring Belgium striker Divock Origi, 19, to Anfield, and the Reds are also looking to bolster the flanks with 20-year-old Benfica winger Lazar Markovic. Origi scored a goal for the Red Devills in the World Cup and netted five times for Lille this season.
Meanwhile, former Blackpool and Crystal Palace man Tom Ince has found a home at Hull.
— Hull City Official (@hullcityteam) July 7, 2014
Manchester City has apparently identified their replacement for Costel Pantillimon, who left for Sunderland on a free transfer. Malaga keeper Wily Caballero will give Joe Hart support and a bit of competition from behind this year.
Finally, versatile 21-year-old left back (or mid) Juan Bernat has made a move from Valencia to Bayern Munich.
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 0
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 3
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2
- Americans Abroad wrap: Guzan stays unbeaten, Lichaj & Bedoya thrive 1
- Done Deal: Listing all the Deadline Day deals from the Premier League 5
- Southampton sign Toby Alderweireld, add $18 million winger Sadio Mane 0