Jul 8, 2014, 5:08 PM EDT
We cannot believe what we are seeing.
Germany are 5-0 up at half time against Brazil and they haven’t even broken into a sweat.
Goals from Thomas Muller and Miroslav Klose came first, then a double from Toni Kroos tore Brazil apart. Sami Khedira added another just for good measure as Brazil’s defense fell apart in the World Cup semifinal.
Germany are 5-0 up at half time in the World Cup semifinal against Brazil, in Brazil.
Just keep saying that over and over again. This was perhaps one of the craziest and most memorable first 45 minutes of soccer in World Cup history. That is not an exaggeration.
Kroos 24′ & 26′
Other key moments
Questions for the second half
How many will Germany get?
They really could be 7-0 up at this point and it could get very embarrassing for Brazil if the German juggernaut continues to power through Brazil’s defense. This is one of the great attacking performances in World Cup history. Couple it with a horrendous defensive display and Germany.
Can Brazil keep this respectable?
Brazil have to concentrate and not go for broke to try and somehow whip away the lead. They need to restore pride, stay solid at the back and somehow score two or three to make it respectable.
- Xavi breaks record for Champions League appearances 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: PSG beat Barcelona, Chelsea top Sporting 0
- Manchester City 1-1 AS Roma: Italians frustrate City as European woe continues 0
- Sporting CP 0-1 Chelsea: Blues win chippy UCL affair in Lisbon 0
- Follow live – UEFA Champions League: Manchester City vs. AS Roma 0
- PST’s Major League Soccer power rankings: More movement, just not No.1 1