Jul 8, 2014, 7:56 PM EST
After Brazil were smashed 7-1 by Germany in the World Cup semifinal on Tuesday, the world took to Twitter to voice their opinion about the astonishing scenes they had just witnessed.
[ RELATED: Klinsmann hails Germany’s astonishing win ]
From celebrities, soccer stars, politicians and just people chucking around a bit of banter with photos, everyone had something to say about it.
So, here’s the buzz on social media.
Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff spoke of her sadness… (As well as all Brazilians, I am very, very sad with the defeat.)
But Rousseff urged her nation to dust themselves off… (Brazil, “arise, shakes the dust and gets back on top.”)
Sporting KC and U.S. national team midfielder Benny Feilhaber put a positive spin on things for the USA…
When Germany made it 7-0 the Seattle Seahawks had some fun…
E! Online show us exactly what the World Cup logo is all bout… Ouch.
England great Gary Lineker can’t believe what he just saw…
With a few minutes to go and only needed eight goals to make the World Cup final, Lloyd muttered these immortal words…
This parody World Cup 2014 account was throwing around the banter…
Just try and take the World Cup trophy out of this Brazilian fans grasp. Just try…
Apparently this is Brazil’s new flag (according to zoowithroy…)
- Marvell Wynne, Bakary Soumare headline Stage 2 of MLS Re-Entry Draft results 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Arsenal, Everton rising, Saints falling 0
- Robbie Rogers: FIFA “insane” to host World Cups in Russia, Qatar 3
- Stoke City confirm Brek Shea is finalizing move to Orlando City 1
- Soccer stadium approved in Las Vegas, as MLS expansion talk heats up in Sin City 1
- Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus fined $665,000 for driving without a license 1