Jul 8, 2014, 12:07 PM EDT
There’s some serious international skill making its way around the transfer rumor mill on Tuesday.
First comes this comprehensive Mexican player roundup from Goal.com’s intrepid correspondent Tom Marshall, which has Guillermo Ochoa getting plenty of European interest. Arguably the star of El Tri‘s run to the quarterfinals, Ochoa is drawing interest from an absurd list of clients: AC Milan, Arsenal, Marseille and Real Sociedad among them.
Meanwhile Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez is forced to wait on his future after Mexico was dispatched from the World Cup by his new boss, Netherlands and Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal. Chicharito is said to be sick of his status as a super-sub for both Mexico and United, and it’s hard-to-imagine him being an instant starter for van Gaal at Old Trafford. Marshall’s report says that Southampton, Napoli and Inter Milan are all interested in the Little Pea.
Meanwhile, could Yehven Konoplyanka could be a surprise addition to Sam Allardyce’s arsenal at West Ham United? The electrifying Dnipro and Ukraine winger was heavily-tipped to head to Liverpool, but the Hammers have launched a $20 million-plus bid for the 24-year-old.
“I really do not know where I will play, Arsenal or elsewhere next season,” he is quoted by the Evening Standard.
“All my attention went to the World Cup. I will see when I talk with Arsenal.”
MLSSoccer.com has some hot domestic tips for you. The league’s hub links to rumors that have Florent Malouda could leave Trabzonspor for either New York City FC or the Red Bulls, while Philadelphia may be going after Algeria captain Madjid Bougherra.
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s FA Cup win vs. Aston Villa 0
- Arsenal 4-0 Aston Villa: Gunners swallow Villa to defend FA Cup title 1
- FOLLOW LIVE: Arsenal, Aston Villa square off in FA Cup final 0
- Hyndman stars as U.S. U-20 team downs Myanmar 2-1 to open World Cup play 1
- 2014-15 Premier League season review: PST’s Best XI of the Season 0
- Blatter’s “Wolf of Wall Street” moment could play out the exact same way 5