Jul 9, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
At least 112 South Korean bettors are super pleased with the outcome of Germany’s 7-1 takedown of Brazil in Tuesday’s World Cup semifinal.
According to Bryan Armen Graham of MicNews, that’s the number of people who bet on Germany scoring 5-plus goals and Brazil netting just one.
— Bryan Armen Graham (@BryanAGraham) July 9, 2014
That’s a lot of Won won. How about this betting slip from Singapore? Something tells me people were more thinking 5-3 or 4-4…
The crazy thing is how foolish those bets would appear, and how folks who made reasonable bets got skunked. Guess that’s why I don’t wager often.
- FIFA ethics committee bans 11 current, former officials from all football-related activities 3
- UEFA calls for postponement of FIFA presidential election, threatens to boycott congress 5
- FIFA president Sepp Blatter releases first statement since overnight arrests 11
- Three things we learned from the US Department of Justice news conference on the FIFA investigation 6
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 6
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 8