Jul 9, 2014, 9:59 AM EDT
Ah, club soccer. Remember it?
Well, NBC Sports Network (NBCSN) has a preseason treat for you as they’ll televise July 23’s match between AS Roma and Liverpool from Boston in “Football at Fenway”.
It’s one of four US matches for Liverpool — pitting two clubs owned by Americans — and the first meeting between the two clubs since a July 2012 match at the same location: Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox.
The game will also be available on NBC Sports Live Extra.
From NBC Sports:
NBCSN will produce a special pre-match show at 7 p.m. ET. Kickoff follows at 7:30 p.m. ET. Announcers will be named at a later date.
On Barclays Premier League “Championship Sunday” on May 11, Liverpool secured a second-place finish in the Premier League and their first UEFA Champions League berth since 2009-10 with a come-from-behind 2-1 victory over Newcastle at Anfield. AS Roma clinched second place in Serie A this season, also securing a Champions League berth.
With “Championship Sunday,” NBC Sports Group concluded its unprecedented coverage of the thrilling 2013-14 Premier League season featuring all 380 matches televised live on the networks of NBCUniversal and the Premier League Extra Time bonus TV package, and every game streamed live on NBC Sports Live Extra.
A record 31.5 million Americans tuned in to NBC Sports Group’s television coverage of the 2013-14 Premier League season and 259.2 million minutes of Premier League action were streamed live on NBC Sports Live Extra.
- Jose Mourinho, once again, wins tactical battle against Arsene Wenger 1
- Three things we learned from Arsenal vs. Chelsea 6
- Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea: Organized Blues defending effectively ends title race 0
- Who were the biggest snubs in PFA’s Premier League Team of the Season selections? 4
- PFA Team of the Year announced: 6 Blues lead the way 0
- VIDEO: Premier League Sunday preview – Arsenal vs. Chelsea, Everton vs. Manchester United 0