Jul 9, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Neymar wasn’t fit to play in Brazil’s 7-1 semifinal humbling at the hands of Germany, so he can’t be blamed for the worst defeat in the five-time World Champions’ history.
However the Brazilian superstars agent is directing the finger of blame at one person: the Selecao’s manager, Luis Felipe Scolari.
[ RELATED: Scolari not to blame ]
[ VIDEO: All seven of Germany's goals ]
In a bizarre Twitter rant following what was possibly the most shocking result in the history of the World Cup, Neymar’s agent Wagner Ribeiro posted his six-point argument on why Scolari had failed to get Brazil to the final and win the World Cup.
Below is Ribeiro’s rant. Have a read and see what you think.
Is he talking sense or just lashing out at Scolari as Brazilian fans are in the midst of their darkest hour as soccer nation?
“One – being Portugal Coach and winning nothing.”
“Two – going to Chelsea and being sacked the following day.”
“Three – going to coach in Uzbekistan.”
“Four – returning to Brazil, taking over a big team [Palmeiras] and getting them relegated to the second division.”
“Five – leaving the club 56 days before the end of the Brasileirao [season] to ‘escape’ the relegation.”
“Six – being an old jerk, arrogant, repulsive, conceited and ridiculous,” he finished in brutal fashion.”
- Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe but “committed to the Galaxy” 0
- EXCLUSIVE: Luke Shaw speaks out about Manchester United move 1
- Pep Guardiola praises Jurgen Klinsmann’s team concept, USMNT movement 1
- Premier League teams on US Soil: Tuesday’s roundup and look ahead 4
- Racial incident against Man City’s Fofana ends U-21 match in Croatia 0
- Sorting through the most recent DaMarcus Beasley-to-MLS reports 3