Jul 9, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Neymar wasn’t fit to play in Brazil’s 7-1 semifinal humbling at the hands of Germany, so he can’t be blamed for the worst defeat in the five-time World Champions’ history.
However the Brazilian superstars agent is directing the finger of blame at one person: the Selecao’s manager, Luis Felipe Scolari.
[ RELATED: Scolari not to blame ]
[ VIDEO: All seven of Germany’s goals ]
In a bizarre Twitter rant following what was possibly the most shocking result in the history of the World Cup, Neymar’s agent Wagner Ribeiro posted his six-point argument on why Scolari had failed to get Brazil to the final and win the World Cup.
Below is Ribeiro’s rant. Have a read and see what you think.
Is he talking sense or just lashing out at Scolari as Brazilian fans are in the midst of their darkest hour as soccer nation?
“One – being Portugal Coach and winning nothing.”
“Two – going to Chelsea and being sacked the following day.”
“Three – going to coach in Uzbekistan.”
“Four – returning to Brazil, taking over a big team [Palmeiras] and getting them relegated to the second division.”
“Five – leaving the club 56 days before the end of the Brasileirao [season] to ‘escape’ the relegation.”
“Six – being an old jerk, arrogant, repulsive, conceited and ridiculous,” he finished in brutal fashion.”
- Foot injury forces DF Hector Moreno to withdraw from Mexico’s 2015 Gold Cup squad 0
- Chile 2-1 Peru: Vargas’ wondergoal puts the hosts through to Copa America final (video) 0
- Men in Blazers podcast special: USWNT’s Klingenberg talks defense, Germany, karate 1
- It’s official: Petr Cech has swapped London clubs, Chelsea to Arsenal 4
- Spanish football league becomes first to take legal action over Qatar World Cup dates 3
- England’s case of World Cup fever just what the doctor ordered for women’s soccer in Britain 3