Jul 10, 2014, 2:56 PM EDT
Okay, don’t scroll down yet. Have a go yourself at answering this question before you look at the actual answers.
Question: What three words would you use to describe the USA’s World Cup performance?
Give yourself a moment… if so, resurrect those feelings from the past few weeks and turn them into utterances. Three, to be exact.
“USA: Determined. Heroic. Courageous.”
Jackpot. Aren’t those the three words citizens dream about when asked how their country is viewed by the world? I think so.
The clever clogs’ over at Cambridge University Press have been doing some research of the media and found the three most-used words to describe each World Cup team. Below is the table they compiled showing how the WC effort of each nation can be summed up in three words.
Any surprises there?
Uruguay… ouch. England… not so good. Germany… typical.
Have a gander at this list, it is pretty spot on.
- EXCLUSIVE: Fresh off his club debut, young Emerson Hyndman takes his USMNT chance in stride 0
- From Prague, with love: Klinsmann previews USA’s friendly vs. Czech Republic 4
- Record summer: Breaking the transfer window down, by the numbers 0
- Premier League transfer window grades – Which team did the best business? 3
- Done Deal: Radamel Falcao completes move to Manchester United 5
- Done Deal: Better late than never, Arsenal seals deal with Welbeck 2