Jul 10, 2014, 8:32 AM EST
Okay, now that Holland’s hopes of winning the World Cup are officially over, it’s about time the rumor mill started to churn out a plethora of transfer targets that news Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal is chasing.
The tabloids haven’t disappointed.
[ RELATED: Shaw signs for United in $60 million deal ]
Just hours after LVG’s Netherlands side were knocked out of the World Cup on penalties, reports have been flooding in about United’s new manager signing a plethora of players for the Old Trafford club.
Let’s round them up and give you all the details as van Gaal will join the Red Devils on their tour of the USA in a few weeks.
Seems like he may have a few new players alongside him if these rumors are anything to go by.
- Wesley Sneijder from Galatasaray for $30 million – According to the Sun, Sneijder has a release clause in his contract which United could activate if they want the Dutch playmaker. Sneijder, 30, was a key part of van Gaal’s Dutch team and despite missing a crucial penalty in the semifinal shootout vs. Argentina, the former Inter Milan, Ajax and Real Madrid star has bags of experience.
- Daley Blind from Ajax - The Manchester News has tabbed van Gaal with a move for another of his Dutch stars, as versatile Daley Blind is being earmarked for a switch to the PL. Blind can play left back and left wing, which would see him challenge new signing Luke Shaw for that position as Patrice Evra is set for a move to Juventus. 24-year-old Blind could leave Ajax this summer as he looks to kick on his career but after a superb World Cup, he could be pricey.
- Ricardo Rodriguez from Wolfsburg – Another left back being linked with United is Switzerland international Ricardo Rodriguez, according to the The Times. The 21-year-old defender impressed at the World Cup and van Gaal is said to be desperate to give Shaw competition in that spot.
- Juan Cuadrado from Fiorentina – The 27-year-old Colombian winger is being linked with a switch to Old Trafford, after enjoying a superb World Cup with Los Cafeteros. Cuadrado has left the door wide-open for a move to United and after his superb displays this summer, why not? Read his comments on a potential switch to the Red Devils in the London Evening Standard.
- Benfica youngsters Joao Filipe, Joao Virginia – Apparently Filipe is the new ‘Cristiano Ronaldo‘ and Virginia is a superb young ‘keeper. They are both just 15-years-old but the Daily Express claims that United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are also chasing the Portuguese youngsters.
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0
- Huge blow for Arsenal as Jack Wilshere is out for three months 0
- Bob Bradley talks Stabaek, job offers, offseason plans and more 0
- USA drop five places in latest FIFA world rankings; England on the up 1
- Despite their struggles, Liverpool’s season intact as spirit shines through 4
- Champions League roundup: Arsenal, Atletico Madrid through, tense elsewhere 3