Jul 10, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
The afro hairdo which has adorned Marouane Fellaini’s head since he arrived in the Premier League in 2008 has gone. Vanished. It is outta here!
According to pictures released on Twitter by a radio station in Belgium, Studio Brussels, Fellaini appears to have had his famous afro completely shaved off.
Look for yourself in the Tweet below, as the Manchester United midfielder is certainly hoping a change of look may help him recover from a nightmare first season at Old Trafford. Will losing his humongous perm detract from the Belgian internationals aerial ability? United’s fans have a nervous summer ahead of them…
So, there will be no more looking for the man who resembles a massive microphone on the pitch. He is now sporting a clean look as he aims to impress incoming boss Louis van Gaal.
RIP, Fellaini’s afro.
- Spanish Super Cup: Late goal allows Atlético to claim first leg draw at Real Madrid 0
- UEFA Champions League Roundup: Arsenal held; Athletic takes 1-1 draw out of Naples 1
- PST Major League Soccer Player of the Week: Fabián Castillo 0
- Liverpool, Barca target could become youngest capped in Norway history 2
- Americans Abroad Wrap: US teenagers go distance for Fulham, Utrecht 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Celebrating the Premier League’s return (and a Mickey Rourke encounter) 3