Jul 10, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
The afro hairdo which has adorned Marouane Fellaini’s head since he arrived in the Premier League in 2008 has gone. Vanished. It is outta here!
According to pictures released on Twitter by a radio station in Belgium, Studio Brussels, Fellaini appears to have had his famous afro completely shaved off.
Look for yourself in the Tweet below, as the Manchester United midfielder is certainly hoping a change of look may help him recover from a nightmare first season at Old Trafford. Will losing his humongous perm detract from the Belgian internationals aerial ability? United’s fans have a nervous summer ahead of them…
So, there will be no more looking for the man who resembles a massive microphone on the pitch. He is now sporting a clean look as he aims to impress incoming boss Louis van Gaal.
RIP, Fellaini’s afro.
- Official: Andrea Pirlo announces his arrival at New York City FC (video) 9
- GLORY IN PHOTOS: Our favorite shots from the USWNT’s winning evening in Vancouver 1
- CONCACAF lays out reform plan post-scandal: “People are right to be skeptical” 1
- Carli Lloyd proves she’s the Women’s World Cup hero she always knew she would be 1
- Mission accomplished: Abby Wambach gets her World Cup title 1
- United States wins third Women’s World Cup title, beats Japan on record-smashing day 26