Jul 10, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
The afro hairdo which has adorned Marouane Fellaini’s head since he arrived in the Premier League in 2008 has gone. Vanished. It is outta here!
According to pictures released on Twitter by a radio station in Belgium, Studio Brussels, Fellaini appears to have had his famous afro completely shaved off.
Look for yourself in the Tweet below, as the Manchester United midfielder is certainly hoping a change of look may help him recover from a nightmare first season at Old Trafford. Will losing his humongous perm detract from the Belgian internationals aerial ability? United’s fans have a nervous summer ahead of them…
So, there will be no more looking for the man who resembles a massive microphone on the pitch. He is now sporting a clean look as he aims to impress incoming boss Louis van Gaal.
RIP, Fellaini’s afro.
- Sepp Blatter transcript in full; admits “shame and humiliation” of FIFA scandal 0
- UEFA could leave FIFA if Blatter stays on, as support for Prince Ali grows 3
- Sepp Blatter refuses to quit as FIFA president despite plea from UEFA’s Michel Platini 5
- Russia, Vladimir Putin criticize US government for “illegal persecution” of FIFA 16
- FIFA ethics committee bans 11 current, former officials from all football-related activities 6
- UEFA calls for postponement of FIFA presidential election, threatens to boycott congress 5