Jul 11, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
DeAndre Yedlin is a wanted man, and his suitor list just keeps on growing.
According to the L’Equipe report, the team has contacted Yedlin and are interested if the price is right – around $3.5 million.
There isn’t much more to it than this, for now, but with a trio of solid clubs reported to be interested, it’s hard to imagine the 21-year-old remaining in a Seattle Sounders shirt too much longer.
According to Goal.com’s Ives Galarcep, Italian side Genoa has already submitted a bid to Major League Soccer, and Roma has also reportedly gotten close to the offer stage.
Di Marzio’s report said if Napoli are successful, they’d likely loan out Yedlin, possibly to another Serie A team such as Sassuolo.
On Wednesday we passed on a Sky Sports report that also named Anderlecht alongside Roma and Napoli.
Liverpool has also been mentioned in past reports, although those links seem to have died down compared to those out of Italy and France. Don’t worry if you can’t keep up, neither can we, and it sounds like both the Sounders and Yedlin’s representatives certainly have their hands full.
James Grant Group, Yedlin’s agency, said Wednesday that “talks are ongoing over his future as there are a number of options for him – but as yet nothing is decided.” Meanwhile, Sounders GM Adrian Hanauer said there was “lots of interest” in Yedlin.
Yedlin has returned to action back in the United States since impressing in the World Cup, playing the full 90 minutes in the US Open Cup victory over Portland on Wednesday, and the Sounders are back in action on Sunday in a league fixture against the Timbers again.
- Premier League friendly roundup: Southampton draws, Stoke swallowed 0
- Jose Mourinho says “best team lost,” attacks Arsenal’s defensive tactics, as Chelsea beaten at their own game 4
- Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho fail to shake hands, as Gunners boss finally prevails 1
- Three things we learned from Arsenal’s Community Shield win vs. Chelsea 0
- Arsenal 1-0 Chelsea: Oxlade-Chamberlain strike wins Gunners FA Community Shield 0
- Report: Manchester United, PSG agree to $70 million fee for Angel di Maria 3