Jul 11, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
DeAndre Yedlin is a wanted man, and his suitor list just keeps on growing.
According to the L’Equipe report, the team has contacted Yedlin and are interested if the price is right – around $3.5 million.
There isn’t much more to it than this, for now, but with a trio of solid clubs reported to be interested, it’s hard to imagine the 21-year-old remaining in a Seattle Sounders shirt too much longer.
According to Goal.com’s Ives Galarcep, Italian side Genoa has already submitted a bid to Major League Soccer, and Roma has also reportedly gotten close to the offer stage.
Di Marzio’s report said if Napoli are successful, they’d likely loan out Yedlin, possibly to another Serie A team such as Sassuolo.
On Wednesday we passed on a Sky Sports report that also named Anderlecht alongside Roma and Napoli.
Liverpool has also been mentioned in past reports, although those links seem to have died down compared to those out of Italy and France. Don’t worry if you can’t keep up, neither can we, and it sounds like both the Sounders and Yedlin’s representatives certainly have their hands full.
James Grant Group, Yedlin’s agency, said Wednesday that “talks are ongoing over his future as there are a number of options for him – but as yet nothing is decided.” Meanwhile, Sounders GM Adrian Hanauer said there was “lots of interest” in Yedlin.
Yedlin has returned to action back in the United States since impressing in the World Cup, playing the full 90 minutes in the US Open Cup victory over Portland on Wednesday, and the Sounders are back in action on Sunday in a league fixture against the Timbers again.
- Inside Look: Not much separating Red Bulls, Revolution ahead of Eastern Conference Championship, leg 1 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 12 0
- Inside Look: LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders to square off in Western Conference Championship, leg 1 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City 0
- These deserving nominees are the biggest snubs of MLS Award season 4
- Former Man Utd teammates Welbeck, Rooney prepares for “weird” match as Arsenal hosts Red Devils 0