Jul 13, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
Yep, another concussion narrative.
After some treatment, Kramer slowly walked off the pitch. However, he came back on. Before the injury, Kramer made seven passes. After, he touched the ball just once.
Obviously feeling the effects from the pain, he came off in the 32nd minute, replaced by Andre Schurrle.
But why was he allowed to return in the first place?
We’ve had plenty of discussion over the usage of players following head injuries in Brazil, but yet again it’s part of the discussion. We don’t know if Kramer suffered a concussion, but watching the replay and seeing him substituted off, it’s a fair conclusion.
More to come later on this subject, for sure.
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0
- Report: Obafemi Martins close to Seattle extension and raise 0
- DC United extends Ben Olsen’s contract after bounceback season 1
- Premier League Download: Tale of the newly-promoted teams 0
- FIFA Executive: “The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not happen” 7
- Premier League Playback: Legendary Lampard strikes, United’s shambolic implosion 2