Jul 13, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
Yep, another concussion narrative.
After some treatment, Kramer slowly walked off the pitch. However, he came back on. Before the injury, Kramer made seven passes. After, he touched the ball just once.
Obviously feeling the effects from the pain, he came off in the 32nd minute, replaced by Andre Schurrle.
But why was he allowed to return in the first place?
We’ve had plenty of discussion over the usage of players following head injuries in Brazil, but yet again it’s part of the discussion. We don’t know if Kramer suffered a concussion, but watching the replay and seeing him substituted off, it’s a fair conclusion.
More to come later on this subject, for sure.
- Mats Hummels says his future is at Dortmund 0
- UEFA Champions League preview: Liverpool face Basel, Arsenal defend the Emirates 1
- Why do Manchester City struggle so much in the Champions League? 0
- Xavi breaks record for Champions League appearances 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: PSG beat Barcelona, Chelsea top Sporting 2
- Manchester City 1-1 AS Roma: Italians frustrate City as European woe continues 0