Jul 13, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
It has been a stunning World Cup throughout the summer, as the world’s best national teams have descended on Brazil.
Stars have been born, others big names have faded but overall there have been a plethora of players who have shone on soccer’s biggest stage. Germany won the World Cup thanks to Mario Gotze‘s moment of magic, as Argentina took them all the way in a tense but entertaining finale.
[ RELATED: World Cup homepage ]
Below is PST’s best XI from the 2014 World Cup, picked by yours truly, plus a list of players who earned honorable mentions.
Do you agree with our selections? Either way, let us know in the comments section below.
PST’s Team of the World Cup – (4-2-3-1)
Goalkeeper: Manuel Neuer (Germany)
Honorable mentions: Keylor Navas (Costa Rica), Tim Howard (USA), Guillermo Ochoa (Mexico), Giancarlo Gonzalez (Costa Rica), Alexis Sanchez (Chile), Gary Medel (Chile), Jermaine Jones (USA), Juan Cuadrado (Colombia), Jackson Martinez (Colombia), Paul Pogba (France), Karim Benzema (France), Mathieu Valbuena (France), Vincent Kompany (Belgium), Kevin de Bruyne (Belgium), Thiago Silva (Brazil, Neymar (Brazil), Raphael Varane (France), Granit Xhaka (Switzerland), Xherdan Shaqiri (Switzerland), Ricardo Rodriguez (Switzerland), Robin van Persie (Netherlands), Stefan de Vrij (Netherlands), Hector Herrera (Mexico), Oribe Peralta (Mexico), Tim Cahill (Australia), Islam Slimani (Algeria), Rafik Halliche (Algeria), Sofiane Feghouli (Algeria), Martin Demichelis (Argentina)
- Manchester City 3-0 Crystal Palace: Citizens level with Chelsea, play without a striker 0
- Watch Live: Aston Villa vs. Manchester United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Raheem Sterling named best young player in Europe, wins ‘Golden Boy’ award 0
- WATCH: Premier League online via NBC Sports Live Extra – Week 17 0
- MLS announces home openers for 2015 season 2
- Mourinho says Eden Hazard can become an all-time great 2