Jul 13, 2014, 12:35 PM EST
With the World Cup final set for Rio de Janeiro on Sunday and Argentina facing Germany for the 20th World Cup title, a rather large Argentine invasion of Brazil has commenced.
Imagine the U.S. reaching a World Cup final being held in Mexico, or vice versa. Yeah, the age-old rivalry between Argentina and Brazil is akin to that.
Argentine fans have been singing, dancing and celebrating their teams success in the streets, on the beach and just about anywhere. Check out the stunning video above from the Copacabana beach in Rio.
Below are the lyrics to the song, as Argentine fans are poking fun at the host nation after Brazil’s shocking demise in their recent semifinal and third-place matches.
“Brazil, tell me how you like it
Having your Daddy here at home
I swear all these years later
We’re never going to forget
That Diego slipped it by
And Cani banged it home
You’ve been crying since Italy
Messi with no fuss
Will bring the cup to us
Maradona’s greater than Pele.”
Even Argentina’s players have been filmed singing the song following their quarterfinal success against Belgium. Watch below. Can Argentina complete Brazil’s nightmare end to a wonderful tournament and win the World Cup in the land of their biggest rivals?
- Recap: New England Revolution snatch 2-1 lead, two away goals from New York Red Bulls 3
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 0
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 2
- Report: Marco Reus is out for rest of 2014 with torn ankle ligament 3
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0