Jul 14, 2014, 2:16 PM EST
It’s a morning that began with more talk of Edinson Cavani’s post-PSG destinations and continues to roll out rumors. Let’s dig right into it.
Romelu Lukaku to Merseyside isn’t an unexpected rumor, but Liverpool? The Belgian impressed on loan from Chelsea to Everton last season, but Squawka says the Reds are in for him. Lukaku, 21, could pair with another Chelsea sale to Liverpool in Daniel Sturridge. Mario Balotelli and Angel Di Maria are other names listed as purchases to be made with the $128 million made in the Luis Suarez sale.
Tottenham’s Gylfi Sigurdsson can play, but can he play consistently in London? We may find out at Selhurst Park and not White Hart Lane if Tony Pulis has his way. A Palace site claims an offer has been made.
Could Southampton be willing to part with another young back? Arsenal apparently want Calum Chambers, and could ship midfielder Serge Gnabry the other way. And Brendan Rodgers may have added Jay Rodriguez to his Liverpool shopping list, with Dejan Lovren desired and a pair — Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert — already at Anfield.
Newcastle may make it a double Dutch summer by adding sought-after Feyenoord defender Daryl Janmaat for about $8.5 million. The Magpies have already scooped up Ajax’s Siem de Jong and landed Montpellier star Remy Cabella earlier today.
- Arsene Wenger says Arsenal could spend big in January, if the deals are right 0
- Real Madrid outclass San Lorenzo, win 2014 Club World Cup 6
- Premier League Sunday preview: Loaded morning sees Tyne-Wear Derby and Liverpool vs. Arsenal 0
- Premier League roundup: Goals galore as Saints, Tottenham, QPR, Man City win 0
- WATCH: Match of the Day – Recap Saturday’s madness in the Premier League 0
- After “two points dropped” at Aston Villa, Wayne Rooney says media was driving title talk 0