Jul 14, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
It’s a morning that began with more talk of Edinson Cavani’s post-PSG destinations and continues to roll out rumors. Let’s dig right into it.
Romelu Lukaku to Merseyside isn’t an unexpected rumor, but Liverpool? The Belgian impressed on loan from Chelsea to Everton last season, but Squawka says the Reds are in for him. Lukaku, 21, could pair with another Chelsea sale to Liverpool in Daniel Sturridge. Mario Balotelli and Angel Di Maria are other names listed as purchases to be made with the $128 million made in the Luis Suarez sale.
Tottenham’s Gylfi Sigurdsson can play, but can he play consistently in London? We may find out at Selhurst Park and not White Hart Lane if Tony Pulis has his way. A Palace site claims an offer has been made.
Could Southampton be willing to part with another young back? Arsenal apparently want Calum Chambers, and could ship midfielder Serge Gnabry the other way. And Brendan Rodgers may have added Jay Rodriguez to his Liverpool shopping list, with Dejan Lovren desired and a pair — Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert — already at Anfield.
Newcastle may make it a double Dutch summer by adding sought-after Feyenoord defender Daryl Janmaat for about $8.5 million. The Magpies have already scooped up Ajax’s Siem de Jong and landed Montpellier star Remy Cabella earlier today.
- PST’s Major League Soccer player of the week: No question who was tops 0
- WATCH: Men in Blazers show debuts on NBCSN 0
- Report: Obafemi Martins close to Seattle extension and raise 0
- DC United extends Ben Olsen’s contract after bounceback season 1
- Premier League Download: Tale of the newly-promoted teams 0
- FIFA Executive: “The 2022 World Cup in Qatar will not happen” 7