Jul 15, 2014, 9:58 AM EST
Okay, smoking cigarettes is far from the worst thing you can do as a human being.
If you’re a Premier League star and the face of Arsenal Football Club and an England international, it probably isn’t a good idea though.
Especially if you are caught doing it for the second time in public over the last 12 months. Oh, Jack.
[ RELATED: Wilshere caught smoking ]
Wilshere was disciplined by Arsenal internally after being pictured smoking a cig in London back in October 2013, and now Wilshere has risked upsetting Gunners boss Arsene Wenger once again.
On Tuesday pictures emerged of Wilshere smoking in Las Vegas, as he parties with fellow England internationals Joe Hart and James Milner at the MGM Hotel. In these pictures published by the Daily Mail, Wilshere can be seen puffing on a cigarette and a small cigar as he lounges in the pool and has drinks poured into his mouth by other revelers. Look at the Tweet below to see Wilshere puffing on a cigar, Hart sharing a drink with him (from his mouth to Wilshere’s) and more.
Should this be a big deal? No. Is it? Yes.
Huge pressure is placed on the the 22-year-old’s shoulders all season long, but should his two week vacation be all over the tabloids as he switches off and relaxes after England’s World Cup failure?
Many in England believe pictures of Wilshere smoking and having a good time mean he doesn’t take his job as a top-class athlete seriously. Especially after England’s failure in Brazil this summer, many fans of the Three Lions would suggest Wilshere should have returned to training early instead of living it up in Vegas. Ask yourself this. If say, Andrea Pirlo was pictured smoking a cigarette, would his professionalism be questioned? It seems as though Wilshere is getting a rough deal here.
What do you think about the lastest images of Wilshere lighting up? Take a look below.
- Halftime, MLS Cup Playoffs: New York Red Bulls 1-1 New England Revolution after thrilling first half 1
- Video: Brendan Rodgers says Liverpool needs to “become a team” 0
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Liverpool: Bolasie carves up Liverpool defense 1
- Report: Marco Reus is out for rest of 2014 with torn ankle ligament 3
- Premier League Sunday preview: Liverpool, Spurs take to road to face fellow strugglers Palace, Hull 1
- Premier League roundup: Wins for Manchester United, Chelsea, Burnley (video) 0