Jul 15, 2014, 7:24 AM EST
According to multiple reports Liverpool are considering a monster bid for Borussia Dortmund star Marco Reus.
With the $128 million they received for Luis Suarez burning a hole in their pocket, the Reds are reportedly contemplating a $75 million offer for the German international according to the Daily Express.
However the Metro states that Liverpool are ‘baffled’ by the suggestion they are chasing Reus. Take this rumor with a pinch of salt.
Reus, 25, missed out on the World Cup after being injured in the warm up games but is expected to return to full fitness very soon. The German attacker is said to be keen on a move away from Dortmund and thought he was heading to Barcelona this summer. However the Catalan club preferred to splash the cash on Suarez instead, leaving Reus waiting in the lurch.
Do Liverpool need to sign Reus?
Most top clubs in Europe would love to, as his talent on the ball and pace in behind defenses mean he’s a hot commodity. Reus would not be a like-for-like replacement for Suarez but it seems like be would compliment Daniel Sturridge and his flexibility to play centrally or out wide would suit Liverpool’s free-flowing formation.
Reus has scored 42 goals in 90 games for Dortmund over the last two seasons, has experience of playing in the UEFA Champions League and his dynamic play would fit in with the likes of Sturridge, Raheem Sterling, Adam Lallana and Philippe Coutinho at Anfield.
Watch this space.
- Diego Costa maintains his innocence, says “I’ve not done anything wrong” 0
- DONE DEAL: Seydou Doumbia to Roma headlines quiet Saturday for transfers 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Top-half teams jockey for position 0
- Premier League roundup: Big wins for Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and more 0
- Three things we learned from Chelsea vs. Manchester City 0
- Player Ratings: How did Chelsea, Manchester City’s stand-in’s fare? 0