Skip to content

Report: Liverpool to bid $75 million for Marco Reus

Jul 15, 2014, 7:24 AM EDT

20140715-073848.jpg

According to multiple reports Liverpool are considering a monster bid for Borussia Dortmund star Marco Reus.

With the $128 million they received for Luis Suarez burning a hole in their pocket, the Reds are reportedly contemplating a $75 million offer for the German international according to the Daily Express.

However the Metro states that Liverpool are ‘baffled’ by the suggestion they are chasing Reus. Take this rumor with a pinch of salt.

Reus, 25, missed out on the World Cup after being injured in the warm up games but is expected to return to full fitness very soon. The German attacker is said to be keen on a move away from Dortmund and thought he was heading to Barcelona this summer. However the Catalan club preferred to splash the cash on Suarez instead, leaving Reus waiting in the lurch.

Do Liverpool need to sign Reus?

[MORE: Liverpool seal Lazar Markovic deal for $30 million]

Most top clubs in Europe would love to, as his talent on the ball and pace in behind defenses mean he’s a hot commodity. Reus would not be a like-for-like replacement for Suarez but it seems like be would compliment Daniel Sturridge and his flexibility to play centrally or out wide would suit Liverpool’s free-flowing formation.

Reus has scored 42 goals in 90 games for Dortmund over the last two seasons, has experience of playing in the UEFA Champions League and his dynamic play would fit in with the likes of Sturridge, Raheem Sterling, Adam Lallana and Philippe Coutinho at Anfield.

Watch this space.

  1. twerkslikeMiley - Jul 15, 2014 at 10:57 AM

    As a huge Dortmund fan that’s planning a trip to see them next May…I would be devastated if he’s gone.

  2. andynormile - Jul 15, 2014 at 8:19 PM

    Have Liverpool not learnt the lessons of Spurs last season. One world class player can’t be replaced by 10 decent players.

  3. herogoesallin - Jul 16, 2014 at 5:52 AM

    reus stays in germany. first with borussia and when ribery leaves munich he will play for them.mark my words.

  4. elkger - Jul 16, 2014 at 6:20 AM

    In May Marco Reus told in an interview to German Kicker that he’ll definitely play for Dortmund in season 2014/15 which sporting director Michael Zorc confirmed. (Reus has a by-out clause which he can draw 2015/16 at the earliest.)
    BVB decided last year to forego monetary and keep Lewandowski after another important player had left the club. So why should they change their tactics now?

Leave Comment

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!

Featured video

Week 8: Saturday PL recap