Jul 17, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Three of the world’s biggest soccer leagues will use Nike’s Ordem 2 ball for 2014/15. Well, they’ll use the same ball in three different color patterns.
The Serie A ball will feature pink highlights, while La Liga’s Ordem 2 is orange and the Premier League will have a blue hue.
Since 15 of the Premier League’s 20 teams have some sort of blue in their crest — 16 if you want to stretch with Liverpool — we suppose blue is a decent representation.
Nike has unveiled the new ball that will be used for the 2014-15 Premier League season.
All 20 clubs have been using the Nike Ordem 2 ball during pre-season training ahead of the start of the new campaign on Saturday Aug 16.
Nike says the new ball features “high-contrast graphics for enhanced visibility, perfect sphericity allows ball to fly faster, farther and more accurately and has cross-linked, nitrogen-expanded foam casing for exceptional shape retention.”
What do you think?
- UEFA Champions League preview: Can PSG, Bayern come back from 3-1 down to Barcelona, Porto? 0
- MLS Team of the Week — Stars of Week 7 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Big climbers galore as momentum kicks in 1
- Premier League Playback: Manchester United prove they can challenge Chelsea for the title 2
- Sepp Blatter: Putin, Russia will host “best ever World Cup” in 2018 3
- Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale set to miss three weeks, Champions League clash vs. Atletico, with injury 1