Jul 17, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
Three of the world’s biggest soccer leagues will use Nike’s Ordem 2 ball for 2014/15. Well, they’ll use the same ball in three different color patterns.
The Serie A ball will feature pink highlights, while La Liga’s Ordem 2 is orange and the Premier League will have a blue hue.
Since 15 of the Premier League’s 20 teams have some sort of blue in their crest — 16 if you want to stretch with Liverpool — we suppose blue is a decent representation.
Nike has unveiled the new ball that will be used for the 2014-15 Premier League season.
All 20 clubs have been using the Nike Ordem 2 ball during pre-season training ahead of the start of the new campaign on Saturday Aug 16.
Nike says the new ball features “high-contrast graphics for enhanced visibility, perfect sphericity allows ball to fly faster, farther and more accurately and has cross-linked, nitrogen-expanded foam casing for exceptional shape retention.”
What do you think?
- Robbie Keane: One of the greatest goalscorers of all-time? 0
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Peru 10
- Three things we learned from USMNT’s comeback win vs. Peru 0
- USMNT 2-1 Peru: Altidore double leads USA to come-from-behind win 0
- EXCLUSIVE: US Olympic coach Andi Herzog on Rio 2016, MLS, over-age players and more 0
- Real Madrid’s Perez says De Gea move failed because Manchester United lacks transfer “experience” 6