Jul 17, 2014, 3:03 PM EST
Demba Ba’s footballing journey looks headed for Turkey, as the Chelsea man has passed a medical and posted a photo of himself in a Besiktas shirt on Twitter.
The deal is said to be worth around $14 million, a fee reported on Wednesday.
The 29-year-0ld Senegalese striker overcame a bevy of knee problems to become a star at Newcastle United before moving to Chelsea in 2013.
Ba’s 29 goals in 54 Premier League appearances for the Magpies earned him a big money move to Stamford Bridge, but he was unable to replicate that success in London.
Ba scored 14 times in all competitions over two seasons with Chelsea, most notably clinching the Blues defeat of Paris Saint-Germain in the UEFA Champions League this Spring.
And he’s reportedly passed the tests.
Chelsea striker Demba Ba has passed a medical at Besiktas and could complete a reported £8m move on Friday.
The transfer has been declared with the stock exchange in Turkey, but Besiktas have yet to confirm the signing.
Ba is likely to join Besiktas at their pre-season training camp in England once he has joined.
Ba will provide immediate punch for a Besiktas side that does not have Hugo Almeida listed on its roster page and let Jermaine Jones walk this summer.
- Jose Mourinho to Schalke after Chelsea’s 5-0 win: “It’s not your fault” 0
- Bob Bradley’s talks with a Swedish club have broken down; Staying at Stabaek? 0
- UEFA Champions League roundup: Chelsea win group, Man City’s late show, classy PSG 0
- Manchester City 3-2 Bayern Munich: Aguero’s hat trick hands Citizens lifeline 4
- Schalke 0-5 Chelsea: Blues with an untouchable performance against old boss 0
- Lionel Messi breaks Raul’s record for Champions League goals (video) 0