Jul 17, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
Demba Ba’s footballing journey looks headed for Turkey, as the Chelsea man has passed a medical and posted a photo of himself in a Besiktas shirt on Twitter.
The deal is said to be worth around $14 million, a fee reported on Wednesday.
The 29-year-0ld Senegalese striker overcame a bevy of knee problems to become a star at Newcastle United before moving to Chelsea in 2013.
Ba’s 29 goals in 54 Premier League appearances for the Magpies earned him a big money move to Stamford Bridge, but he was unable to replicate that success in London.
Ba scored 14 times in all competitions over two seasons with Chelsea, most notably clinching the Blues defeat of Paris Saint-Germain in the UEFA Champions League this Spring.
And he’s reportedly passed the tests.
Chelsea striker Demba Ba has passed a medical at Besiktas and could complete a reported £8m move on Friday.
The transfer has been declared with the stock exchange in Turkey, but Besiktas have yet to confirm the signing.
Ba is likely to join Besiktas at their pre-season training camp in England once he has joined.
Ba will provide immediate punch for a Besiktas side that does not have Hugo Almeida listed on its roster page and let Jermaine Jones walk this summer.
- Klinsmann confirms Brad Guzan will start Confederations Cup playoff in goal 1
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0