Jul 17, 2014, 3:03 PM EDT
Demba Ba’s footballing journey looks headed for Turkey, as the Chelsea man has passed a medical and posted a photo of himself in a Besiktas shirt on Twitter.
The deal is said to be worth around $14 million, a fee reported on Wednesday.
The 29-year-0ld Senegalese striker overcame a bevy of knee problems to become a star at Newcastle United before moving to Chelsea in 2013.
Ba’s 29 goals in 54 Premier League appearances for the Magpies earned him a big money move to Stamford Bridge, but he was unable to replicate that success in London.
Ba scored 14 times in all competitions over two seasons with Chelsea, most notably clinching the Blues defeat of Paris Saint-Germain in the UEFA Champions League this Spring.
And he’s reportedly passed the tests.
Chelsea striker Demba Ba has passed a medical at Besiktas and could complete a reported £8m move on Friday.
The transfer has been declared with the stock exchange in Turkey, but Besiktas have yet to confirm the signing.
Ba is likely to join Besiktas at their pre-season training camp in England once he has joined.
Ba will provide immediate punch for a Besiktas side that does not have Hugo Almeida listed on its roster page and let Jermaine Jones walk this summer.
- PST Extra: Who are the Premier League’s top offseason acquisitions so far? (video) 0
- Premier League defenders: Who’s in our Top Five? And how to choose just five? 5
- Maps, rivals, stadiums: Location of all 20 Premier League teams for 2015-16 season 4
- On his way out of PSG, should Arsenal or Manchester United sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic? 1
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Rose to Chelsea, Traore to Liverpool 1
- AZ Alkmaar agree to sell USMNT forward Aron Johannsson to Werder Bremen 3