Jul 17, 2014, 8:22 AM EDT
German World Cup winner Toni Kroos completed his long-awaited transfer to Real Madrid on Thursday.
Kroos, 25, has moved from Bayern Munich to Madrid in a deal thought to be worth $30 million. He has signed a six-year deal with the reigning European Champions.
[RELATED: Where will Kroos slot in?]
After being courted by the biggest clubs in the world, Kroos has decided to swap the Allianz Arena for the Santiago Bernabeu after the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United chased his signature.
The German midfielder, who dazzled throughout Die Mannschaft’s World Cup win in Brazil, is currently completing his medical in Madrid and will be unveiled to fans as a Real player later on Thursday. Kroos joined Bayern as 16-year-old from Hansa Rostock and went on to make over 173 Bundesliga appearances.
With Bayern Kroos had plenty of success, winning three Bundesliga titles, three German cups, a Champions League, Uefa Super Cup and Fifa Club World Cup.
Kroos played every game in Germany’s World Cup triumph as he bagged four assists and scored twice in the 7-1 semifinal win over Brazil. At Real he is likely to slot into a central midfield role just behind the deadly three-pronged attack of Karem Benzema, Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale. His marvelous range of passing, creative flair, deadly set piece deliveries and the ability to finish when given the chance make Kroos the most complete midfielder out there.
Real have got yet another star.
- MLS roundup: Last-place beats 1st-place; Toronto FC top Timbers; Revs, D.C. split points 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: One last time, with feeling (and drama… and dread) 0
- Prince-Wright’s Premier League picks: Tension galore as finale arrives 0
- Premier League scenarios: Europa League and relegation requirements 0
- Premier League Preview: Hull City vs. Manchester United 1
- TV SCHEDULE: Premier League finale – 10 games, 10 channels on Championship Sunday 0