Jul 18, 2014, 12:28 PM EDT
So who is rumored to skip town? Let’s take a run around the rumor mill.
Staying with an American player, DeAndre Yedlin‘s voyage abroad is still running rampant through the European papers., and home news as well. NoShortCorner.com blogger Greg Seltzer says Yedlin will not be heading to AS Roma despite having agreed to fee, and that Napoli is the new front-runner. And in full silly season form, we get stories about how a friend of Yedlin’s told a Liverpool fan that the USMNT speedster was headed to Anfield soon. Neat-o.
Juventus star Arturo Vidal was non-committal in a Chilean newspaper interview regarding his future. Tipped to brighten the fortunes of Manchester United, the 27-year-old said he didn’t feel he was done at Juve. He also said his agent is in charge of figuring out whether he’ll skip Turin, and that he won’t decide until he goes on vacation.
AC Milan and Italy striker Mario Balotelli made waves earlier this week by posing with his girlfriend next to an Arsenal poster. This just days after being dissed by Silvio Berlusconi in a recent interview:
Just last week we told you that Bojan Krkic was tipped for a move to Stoke City, but Spanish club Deportivo La Coruna believes they are the front-runners to lure the 23-year-old away from Barcelona. Could he join The Blue and Whites instead of the Potters?
Loic Remy to Arsenal. Loic Remy to Newcastle. Loic Remy stays at Queens Park Rangers. Could each of these scenarios, widely-believed at one point, all end up falling victim to Brendan Rodgers purchasing power after the Luis Suarez sale? The Metro says Remy’s wage demands are too high for the Gunners, and that Spurs are also uninterested. The Reds could swoop in just before the bell.
Chelsea is tipped by the Daily and Sunday Express to go after three players. Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane, Napoli backliner Jose Callejon and — most eyebrow-raising — Monaco striker Radamel Falcao are all potential Jose Mourinho targets.
- Klinsmann confirms Brad Guzan will start Confederations Cup playoff in goal 0
- Full list of every transfer made by Premier League clubs during the Summer Transfer Window 0
- Manchester United fires back on De Gea saga, laying blame at feet of Real Madrid 1
- GRADES: How did each Premier League team fare in the Summer Transfer Window? 7
- Manchester United confirm $55 million signing of teenage striker Anthony Martial 0
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0