Jul 19, 2014, 2:01 PM EST
Liverpool came from behind to beat League One side Preston North End on Saturday. It was their first friendly victory of the preseason, after falling 2-1 to a late strike from Danish team Brondby.
It looked as though this preseason match might turn out much the same. Preston grabbed a goal late in the first half, with Josh Brownhill tapping in.
Rickie Lambert made his senior debut for Liverpool, just 22 years after joining the academy. Emre Can was impressive in midfield, but lasted just twenty minutes in his first appearance for the Reds, coming off with a calf strain and replaced by Jordon Ibe.
Then Brendan Rodgers rang the changes: Suso and Jack Robinson came on to start the second. Lloyd Jones, Sebastian Coates, Conor Coady, Krisztian Adorjan, Jordan Rossiter, Kristoffer Peterson and Kevin Stewart were all introduced in later in the half.
It was Ibe, however, that proved the difference maker. The 18-year-old created both goals for Liverpool, setting up Suso for the equalizer in the 74th minute, and then Kristoffer Peterson three minutes later for the winner. Suso’s finish on the first was particularly lovely, a curling strike into the net.
Take a look!
- Manchester United 3-1 Leicester City: Red Devils up to third 0
- Liverpool 2-0 West Ham United: Coutinho shines, Sturridge scores in return 0
- Watch Live: Chelsea vs. Manchester City (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. West Ham United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Leicester City (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1