Jul 19, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
It’s been a week since the World Cup ended. There are four more long weeks until the Premier League begins once more. So what can you do to get your soccer fix?
Why not try tuning in to watch Liverpool in their friendly at Preston North End? The game kicks off at 10 am ET, and can be watched on NBC Sports Live Extra. Click here for all the details.
If you’re a Liverpool fan, this is a great chance to catch some of the players you might not often see, particularly the younger ones who are likely to play against League 1 side Preston. It’s also likely to be your first opportunity to see Emre Can and Rickie Lambert suiting up for Liverpool (well, your first opportunity to see Lambert as a player in the senior Reds side, anyway).
If you’re not a Liverpool fan, there’s still plenty of reason to tune in. After all, everyone is curious as to how the post-Luis Suárez side will look. The Reds just lost their first friendly of the season, heading to Denmark only to come away with a last-minute loss to Brondby. Will they fare any better in Preston?
This is Liverpool’s last friendly before their preseason tour in the United States, which begins next week. There you will also be able to catch new signings Adam Lallana and Lazar Marković as the Reds face off against Roma, Olympiakos, Manchester City and AC Milan.
- Chelsea 2-2 Barcelona: Good-looking goals to spare in Maryland (video) 0
- Official: Miguel Herrera fired by Mexico days after Gold Cup win, alleged attack on journalist 11
- Tuesday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Benzema to Arsenal, Berahino to Tottenham 5
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Chelsea 1
- Russian president Vladimir Putin believes Sepp Blatter deserves Nobel Prize 6
- Monday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: PSG’s $133 million Ronaldo bid, Stones to Chelsea 2