Jul 20, 2014, 5:50 PM EST
It’s been quite a summer for Italian striker Mario Balotelli. Perhaps you could say that about every season of the controversial soon-to-be 24-year-old’s life, but we’ll worry about that some other time.
Just a few days after Balotelli posed for a photo next to an Arsenal logo — and days after AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi ripped the forward for his World Cup — there were stories that his move to London was forthcoming.
But AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani said i Rossoneri has not received a bid for Balotelli, before shifting gears to the rumored move of Robinho to Orlando City.
Reports on Sunday suggested Arsenal had agreed a £15.8million fee with Milan for the 23-year-old but Galliani stated there had been no bid.
“We have not received any offer (for Balotelli) and at this time, there is nothing from Arsenal,” said the Milan chief.
Galliani also said that Milan and Orlando City are some way off in their negotiations over another former Manchester City forward, Robinho.
“We are trying to arrange with him (Robinho) a similar path to Kaka, but we are still distant with Orlando City,” added Galliani. “Tomorrow morning (Monday), we will talk with him and his lawyer to find a solution.”
Earlier this summer, Berlusconi said Balotelli was “going nowhere“, so the president’s speaking of his sale price was a nod to a move. And Balotelli’s gun-aiming photo for his “haters” may not exactly inspire confidence in his mental state.
As for Robinho, it would be interesting to know what fee AC Milan requests for the attacker in comparison to what Orlando City is ready to offer the Italian club.
The former Brazilian superstar-in-waiting has seen his production drop precipitously even from his disappointing time at Manchester City. With 7 goals over his last 59 games, it’s a bit of a wonder Orlando is interested at all.
- PHOTOS: LA Galaxy, Real Salt Lake, Montreal Impact, Chicago Fire unveil new 2015 jerseys 1
- WATCH: Midweek Premier League TV schedule – Week 28 0
- 2015 MLS predictions: Cup winners? MVP? Lampard or Gerrard? Kaka or Giovinco? 2
- MLS Atlanta makes shrewd hire, bringing in Carlos Bocanegra as technical director 0
- BBC report: Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a 15-year-old girl 4
- Premier League Playback: Why Manchester City are throwing away the title 0