Jul 20, 2014, 2:04 PM EDT
It looked as though Liverpool was set to hijack the transfer of Ben Davies, but reports now say his move to Tottenham is back on. According to the BBC, Davies is leaving Swansea’s preseason preparations and flying to London to undergo a medical with Spurs.
Swansea are currently on a pre-season tour in the United States, where they fell 2-0 to Minnesota United on Saturday evening. Davis did not feature in the loss. He did, however, play 45 minutes in the 1-1 draw with Chivas Guadalajara on Wednesday.
Davies came through the Swans’ youth system and was handed his debut as a 19-year-old in August 2012. Two months later, he was given his first senior cap for Wales. Since then, Davies has established himself as a regular in the Swansea side, notching 71 appearances over the last two Premier League seasons.
Should the agreement be finalized, Davies will ben Mauricio Pochettino’s first signing at the helm of Spurs. He may also land another Swans player in Michel Vorm, who may also be included as part of the deal. The Dutch international’s starting spot between the sticks has looked in doubt since early in the summer, when Garry Monk signed Lukasz Fabianski from Arsenal.
Swansea won’t miss out, however. Gylfi Sigurdsson is rumored to be coming the other way as part of a proposed swap. The midfielder has been at Tottenham since summer 2012, but saw his opportunities limited last season. Swansea is familiar to Sigurdsson, as he spent half a season on loan there, joining from Hoffenheim in January 2012.
- USWNT 6-0 Haiti: Wambach braces US in 90 minute demolition of Haiti 0
- New York Cosmos reportedly sign Spanish legend Raul, will play and coach 0
- Report: It will be Colombia – not Croatia – for USMNT in November 0
- WATCH: West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 3
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2