Jul 20, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
More World Cup goalkeeping stars are on the move, as Arsenal have reached an agreement with Nice to snare Colombia keep David Ospina and things continue to progress between Real Madrid and Keylor Navas.
It’d be a nice week for the Ospina/Rodriguez family, as the keeper’s brother-in-law is Colombian star James Rodriguez. The latter is all-but-a member of Real Madrid.
As was mentioned earlier in the week, Ospina would be heading to London on an estimated €4 million transfer fee according to French daily L´Equipe.
The news was also confirmed by Nice Matin, the publication that earlier last week talked about the former Atlético Nacional man’s move to England. They also go as far as saying that Ospina would end up signing in the coming hours and would be presented by the London side early in the week.
Could Ospina possibly take playing time away from reigning Premier League Golden Glove co-winner and 24-year-old Polish keeper Wojciech Szczesny?
Meanwhile, Costa Rica goalkeeper Keylor Navas is comfortable that his move from Levante to Real Madrid is on track. Speaking with Marca, Navas said:
“I haven’t signed anything with anyone yet. I’m relaxed at the moment and I’m waiting. But we’re on track”, Navas said in the knowledge that that the agreement between Real Madrid and Levante is complete with only the official communication of the transfer remaining.
The shot-stopper refused to confirm anything about his future, but did add that “things are progressing” but that negotiations take time. “There are aspects on which an agreement must be reached between the club and player”, he added.
Mexican tournament hero Guillermo Ochoa is out of contract at Ajaccio. Myriad rumors abound regarding the 28-year-old, who either wants to stay in France or go to Spain and has interest from Malaga, Liverpool and Arsenal.
- Copa America Final preview: Argentina looks for first title since 1993 against hosts Chile 0
- Transfer Rumor Roundup: KPB to Orlando City, Liverpool in for Brazilian teen 3
- Klinsmann on USMNT’s win over Guatemala: “I’m not happy with that performance” 2
- 2011 Women’s World Cup final loss still burns in Abby Wambach’s memory 1
- USMNT player ratings: How Klinsmann’s men fared against Guatemala 5
- USA 4-0 Guatemala: USMNT cruises into Gold Cup with win in Nashville 0