Jul 21, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Folks on either side of the country may get a chance to see Julian Green in his Bayern Munich red this summer, as MLSSoccer.com confirmed that the 19-year-old USMNT player will be with the German giants’ first team for preseason in the United States.
We noted late last week that Green was listed as a Bayern first teamer on their web site, but the confirmation makes it almost a foregone conclusion that the teenager will see the field on July 31 in New Jersey against CD Guadalajara and Aug. 6 in Oregon against the MLS All-Stars.
And perhaps Green’s World Cup goal helped cement his place on the trip, as Bayern did not have a photo on file for the first team part of the web site (either that, or Green is operating in disguise):
- Premier League Preview: West Brom vs. Manchester United 0
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0
- Michael Bradley to Jurgen Klinsmann: ‘I have thick skin’ 0
- Stoke 2-1 Swansea: Substitutes pick up three points for the Potters 0