Jul 21, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Folks on either side of the country may get a chance to see Julian Green in his Bayern Munich red this summer, as MLSSoccer.com confirmed that the 19-year-old USMNT player will be with the German giants’ first team for preseason in the United States.
We noted late last week that Green was listed as a Bayern first teamer on their web site, but the confirmation makes it almost a foregone conclusion that the teenager will see the field on July 31 in New Jersey against CD Guadalajara and Aug. 6 in Oregon against the MLS All-Stars.
And perhaps Green’s World Cup goal helped cement his place on the trip, as Bayern did not have a photo on file for the first team part of the web site (either that, or Green is operating in disguise):
- USMNT vs Switzerland preview: Last time they met, Michael Bradley scored the winner with a full head of hair 0
- MLS Player of the Week — Week 4 0
- NWSL mega deal sends Sydney Leroux Dwyer to WNY for rights to Abby Wambach 1
- Prolific U.S. U-17 striker chooses club home in NASL 2
- How will the USMNT line up against Switzerland? 3
- British exec says England could look towards 2030 World Cup bid 1