Jul 21, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Folks on either side of the country may get a chance to see Julian Green in his Bayern Munich red this summer, as MLSSoccer.com confirmed that the 19-year-old USMNT player will be with the German giants’ first team for preseason in the United States.
We noted late last week that Green was listed as a Bayern first teamer on their web site, but the confirmation makes it almost a foregone conclusion that the teenager will see the field on July 31 in New Jersey against CD Guadalajara and Aug. 6 in Oregon against the MLS All-Stars.
And perhaps Green’s World Cup goal helped cement his place on the trip, as Bayern did not have a photo on file for the first team part of the web site (either that, or Green is operating in disguise):
- FIFA presidential elections will go on Friday despite arrests 3
- FBI, US Department of Justice issues damning statement on FIFA, details corruption investigation 5
- FIFA fallout continues: Swiss authorities open criminal proceedings into allocation of 2018, 2022 World Cups 3
- Nine FIFA officials, including CONCACAF president, arrested in Switzerland during dawn raids 16
- Report: Multiple FIFA officials arrested in Zurich, will be extradited to United States 6
- Mourinho rips Top 4 rivals at awards dinner; Takes extra shot at Wenger’s Arsenal 3