Jul 21, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Folks on either side of the country may get a chance to see Julian Green in his Bayern Munich red this summer, as MLSSoccer.com confirmed that the 19-year-old USMNT player will be with the German giants’ first team for preseason in the United States.
We noted late last week that Green was listed as a Bayern first teamer on their web site, but the confirmation makes it almost a foregone conclusion that the teenager will see the field on July 31 in New Jersey against CD Guadalajara and Aug. 6 in Oregon against the MLS All-Stars.
And perhaps Green’s World Cup goal helped cement his place on the trip, as Bayern did not have a photo on file for the first team part of the web site (either that, or Green is operating in disguise):
- Best starting lineups for all 20 Premier League teams – Do you agree? 0
- VIDEO: Cristiano Ronaldo storms out of interview: “Doesn’t give a ****” about FIFA 2
- VIDEO: Watch Arsene Wenger snub Jose Mourinho handshake. Who is in the wrong? 1
- Cristiano Ronaldo buys his agent a Greek island… as a wedding gift 1
- Premier League friendly roundup: Southampton draws, Stoke swallowed 0