Jul 21, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
Folks on either side of the country may get a chance to see Julian Green in his Bayern Munich red this summer, as MLSSoccer.com confirmed that the 19-year-old USMNT player will be with the German giants’ first team for preseason in the United States.
We noted late last week that Green was listed as a Bayern first teamer on their web site, but the confirmation makes it almost a foregone conclusion that the teenager will see the field on July 31 in New Jersey against CD Guadalajara and Aug. 6 in Oregon against the MLS All-Stars.
And perhaps Green’s World Cup goal helped cement his place on the trip, as Bayern did not have a photo on file for the first team part of the web site (either that, or Green is operating in disguise):
- It’s not too late for Major League Soccer to turn away from its new logo 0
- Premier League Power Rankings: Red Devils and Villans on the up 0
- PHOTO: MLS unveils new logo. What do you think? 16
- US move up one place in latest FIFA rankings; Wales the big winners 0
- Julian Draxler’s stunning performance puts Chelsea, Premier League on high alert 1
- Yaya Toure’s lackluster display stands out as Manchester City struggle 4