Jul 22, 2014, 9:25 AM EST
Jurgen Klopp has had enough of this.
With over a month of ‘silly season’ still remaining, transfer rumors and reports are starting to eat away at players, fans, managers and just about everyone else in-between.
Borussia Dortmund’s manager Klopp has had enough.
Speaking to the 19:09 Uhr show, Klopp had the following to say regarding two of his star players leaving the Bundesliga side this summer.
“I can assure everyone that there are no signs that those two players want to leave. Marco and Mats will play for us the next season,” Klopp said. “What are we talking about today? Mats to Manchester United? For how much? €20m (£15.8m)? With those kind of sums can you forget that straight away.”
Is that as straightforward as it sounds? Hmm.
Yes, Klopp is probably sick and tired of answering the same questions over and over, and as we’ve seen in the past he definitely isn’t one to mince his words. With the fee for Hummels said to be around $26 million, that does seem low. After all the bloke won the World Cup, scored twice and looked solid as a rock in central defense. Plus he is only 25-years-old.
How about if United or Barca upped the ante and offered more money?
It seems as though Klopp is doing one of two things. Either being honest and open about the situation and his players will stay where they are. Or, he is trying to drive up the price for both and get clubs to bid more for them. I suspect the former is what’s really happening here but you never know.
‘Silly season’ continues…
- Manchester United 3-1 Leicester City: Red Devils up to third 0
- Liverpool 2-0 West Ham United: Coutinho shines, Sturridge scores in return 0
- Watch Live: Chelsea vs. Manchester City (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Liverpool vs. West Ham United (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Watch Live: Manchester United vs. Leicester City (Lineups and Live Stream) 0
- Premier League transfer needs: What’s been done and what’s left to do by Monday? 1