Jul 22, 2014, 3:56 PM EST
He may be a 23-year-old superstar, but here’s your official doubt that James Rodriguez has had many days like Tuesday.
While being unveiled at the Bernabeu, with Real Madrid fans going nuts for their new playmaker simply for coming to town, James got a hug from a man in jean shorts.
[ MORE: Where will James play at Real Madrid? ]
1) There are at least a dozen security guards there having a collective “You had one job” moment. How does this jorts-wearing super fan get by all those guards?
2) Every time you think America has a handle on, or a comparison to, the freak show that is European soccer super fandom, watch things like this video, where the latest superstar to join a team is giving a British Invasion style welcome to a team.
No news on whether Real signed the pitch invader to player winger, just in case.
- Report: Houston Dynamo the front-runner to land Erick ‘Cubo’ Torres 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: Man United’s romp, Arsenal’s form and more 0
- Dreams do come true: DC United seal deal for new stadium they will call home 0
- American lawyer Michael Garcia resigns as FIFA’s ethics prosecutor 7
- Report: New England Revolution, Orlando City battling it out for Robinho 2
- Liverpool’s injured Daniel Sturridge to link up with Boston Red Sox 0