Jul 22, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
He may be a 23-year-old superstar, but here’s your official doubt that James Rodriguez has had many days like Tuesday.
While being unveiled at the Bernabeu, with Real Madrid fans going nuts for their new playmaker simply for coming to town, James got a hug from a man in jean shorts.
[ MORE: Where will James play at Real Madrid? ]
1) There are at least a dozen security guards there having a collective “You had one job” moment. How does this jorts-wearing super fan get by all those guards?
2) Every time you think America has a handle on, or a comparison to, the freak show that is European soccer super fandom, watch things like this video, where the latest superstar to join a team is giving a British Invasion style welcome to a team.
No news on whether Real signed the pitch invader to player winger, just in case.
- Thursday’s Transfer Rumor Roundup: Lambert to West Brom, Balotelli back to Italy 3
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester United 6
- MLS All Stars 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: Kaka powers MLS to win 6
- Men in Blazers podcast: Chelsea’s John Terry joins Rog and Davo 0
- Swiss star Barnetta moves to MLS; Orlando City signs a pair of Europeans 4
- Premier League 2015-16 season preview: Manchester City 1