Jul 22, 2014, 3:56 PM EST
He may be a 23-year-old superstar, but here’s your official doubt that James Rodriguez has had many days like Tuesday.
While being unveiled at the Bernabeu, with Real Madrid fans going nuts for their new playmaker simply for coming to town, James got a hug from a man in jean shorts.
[ MORE: Where will James play at Real Madrid? ]
1) There are at least a dozen security guards there having a collective “You had one job” moment. How does this jorts-wearing super fan get by all those guards?
2) Every time you think America has a handle on, or a comparison to, the freak show that is European soccer super fandom, watch things like this video, where the latest superstar to join a team is giving a British Invasion style welcome to a team.
No news on whether Real signed the pitch invader to player winger, just in case.
- Top Five storylines for Week 13 of the Premier League 0
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 13 0
- Premier League Preview: Manchester United vs. Hull City 0
- Sure there’s “interest throughout Europe”, but where is the best spot for Jozy Altidore? 1
- Pick just three?!? FIFPro World XI midfielder shortlist is Juve-heavy, really good 0
- VIDEO: PST Extra examines huge top four showdowns in Premier League 0