Jul 22, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
He may be a 23-year-old superstar, but here’s your official doubt that James Rodriguez has had many days like Tuesday.
While being unveiled at the Bernabeu, with Real Madrid fans going nuts for their new playmaker simply for coming to town, James got a hug from a man in jean shorts.
[ MORE: Where will James play at Real Madrid? ]
1) There are at least a dozen security guards there having a collective “You had one job” moment. How does this jorts-wearing super fan get by all those guards?
2) Every time you think America has a handle on, or a comparison to, the freak show that is European soccer super fandom, watch things like this video, where the latest superstar to join a team is giving a British Invasion style welcome to a team.
No news on whether Real signed the pitch invader to player winger, just in case.
- MLS roundup: Revs, D.C. United rule the East; Timbers, Whitecaps split points 0
- MLS Snapshot: D.C. United 2-0 Columbus Crew SC 0
- Premier League Sunday preview: Chelsea chases coronation clincher, Spurs host Man City 0
- Bundesliga wrap: Bayern’s backups fall to Bayer; Paderborn alive 0
- Premier League roundup: Big day for relegation battlers 0
- Manchester United 0-1 West Bromwich Albion: Myhill stops RVP pen to save upset 4