Jul 22, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
He may be a 23-year-old superstar, but here’s your official doubt that James Rodriguez has had many days like Tuesday.
While being unveiled at the Bernabeu, with Real Madrid fans going nuts for their new playmaker simply for coming to town, James got a hug from a man in jean shorts.
[ MORE: Where will James play at Real Madrid? ]
1) There are at least a dozen security guards there having a collective “You had one job” moment. How does this jorts-wearing super fan get by all those guards?
2) Every time you think America has a handle on, or a comparison to, the freak show that is European soccer super fandom, watch things like this video, where the latest superstar to join a team is giving a British Invasion style welcome to a team.
No news on whether Real signed the pitch invader to player winger, just in case.
- Klinsmann explains philosophy behind mad scientist lineups, formations for USMNT 1
- Russia wants full points from match abandoned after Akinfeev struck in head by flare (video) 0
- MLS preview: FC Dallas vs. Sounders, Whitecaps vs. Timbers headline Week 4 0
- Report: Liverpool’s Daniel Sturridge to miss a month with hip injury 7
- EURO 2016 preview: Qualifying resumes for England, Spain, Germany, Italy 0
- Lionel Messi earns $1.4 million per week, tops Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar as richest player 4