Jul 24, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
The manager has an otherwordly resume and the player captains his national team, but the lesson Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal gives Antonio Valencia is anything but special.
“Before you shoot you have to look at the goalkeeper” is among the lines LVG gives to Valencia, one of myriad examples that coaching one of the world’s greatest clubs involves going back to basics and some of the same phrases at any U-12 training ground.
The video comes courtesy of 101greatgoals.com. It’s an oddly-amusing watch.
See what the goalkeeper is doing and then shoot. Why didn’t Antonio think of that earlier?!?
- WATCH: Premier League TV schedule – Week 9 0
- Introducing: “The 2 Robbies ‘Football’ Show” on NBCSportsRadio.com 0
- El Clasico: Luis Suarez, Barcelona and Real Madrid together at last 0
- VIDEO: Can Manchester United beat Chelsea? PST Extra breaks it down 2
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 11
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 1