Jul 24, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
The manager has an otherwordly resume and the player captains his national team, but the lesson Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal gives Antonio Valencia is anything but special.
“Before you shoot you have to look at the goalkeeper” is among the lines LVG gives to Valencia, one of myriad examples that coaching one of the world’s greatest clubs involves going back to basics and some of the same phrases at any U-12 training ground.
The video comes courtesy of 101greatgoals.com. It’s an oddly-amusing watch.
See what the goalkeeper is doing and then shoot. Why didn’t Antonio think of that earlier?!?
- USMNT legend McBride, Jaguars president helping select Fulham manager 0
- Confirmed: Rooney out three Manchester United matches after red card 0
- Premier League player of the week – Round 6 0
- PST’s MLS Player of the Week: An L.A. Galaxy guy for sure, but who? 0
- WATCH: Men In Blazers recap derby weekend, visit with Brandon McCarthy 0
- MLS salaries released, showing Kaka nets MLS-record $7.1 million 4