Jul 24, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
The manager has an otherwordly resume and the player captains his national team, but the lesson Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal gives Antonio Valencia is anything but special.
“Before you shoot you have to look at the goalkeeper” is among the lines LVG gives to Valencia, one of myriad examples that coaching one of the world’s greatest clubs involves going back to basics and some of the same phrases at any U-12 training ground.
The video comes courtesy of 101greatgoals.com. It’s an oddly-amusing watch.
See what the goalkeeper is doing and then shoot. Why didn’t Antonio think of that earlier?!?
- US Open Cup draw: Sounders-Timbers, NYCFC-NY Cosmos highlight possible 4th-round clashes 0
- Agent: Sterling wouldn’t sign new Liverpool deal, even for $1.4 million a week 6
- Leicester, QPR, Burnley players earn England call-ups for June matches 2
- US Open Cup second round wrap: Several USL sides clipped by “minnows” 1
- Mats Hummels rejects Manchester United move, will stay at Dortmund 5
- Wayne Rooney on Manchester United’s season: We have met our main goals 1