Jul 24, 2014, 10:25 AM EST
The manager has an otherwordly resume and the player captains his national team, but the lesson Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal gives Antonio Valencia is anything but special.
“Before you shoot you have to look at the goalkeeper” is among the lines LVG gives to Valencia, one of myriad examples that coaching one of the world’s greatest clubs involves going back to basics and some of the same phrases at any U-12 training ground.
The video comes courtesy of 101greatgoals.com. It’s an oddly-amusing watch.
See what the goalkeeper is doing and then shoot. Why didn’t Antonio think of that earlier?!?
- In less than five months, Diego Costa has become Premier League villain No. 1 2
- Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool: Ivanovic ensures Blues trip to Cup final after testy second leg 0
- New York, Montreal complete huge trade; Kljestan free to join Red Bulls 7
- Report: Manchester City to play New York City in Yankee Stadium friendly 2
- Iker Casillas to MLS? Real Madrid legend: “I would like to play in the United States” 0
- Chile vs. USA preview: Who’s here to stay as USMNT kicks off 2015? 0