Jul 24, 2014, 10:25 AM EDT
The manager has an otherwordly resume and the player captains his national team, but the lesson Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal gives Antonio Valencia is anything but special.
“Before you shoot you have to look at the goalkeeper” is among the lines LVG gives to Valencia, one of myriad examples that coaching one of the world’s greatest clubs involves going back to basics and some of the same phrases at any U-12 training ground.
The video comes courtesy of 101greatgoals.com. It’s an oddly-amusing watch.
See what the goalkeeper is doing and then shoot. Why didn’t Antonio think of that earlier?!?
- MLS Atlanta urges David Beckham, Miami to share stadium with Dolphins 2
- Reality check: Outclassed by Real Madrid, what now for Liverpool? 0
- After winless October, USA drop out of top 20 in latest FIFA rankings 2
- PST’s MLS Rookie of the Year: Shipp, Hagglund, Akindele or Birnbaum? 0
- It’s official: World No. 3 Colombia to face USMNT in London on Nov. 14 0
- VIDEO: Top 10 goals of the MLS season (heading into the final weekend) 2