Jul 25, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
No, you don’t need to check your address bar; This is still ProSoccerTalk, not The Onion.
Portuguese legend, Real Madrid superstar and all-around mogul Cristiano Ronaldo is looking to build his brand in America. The best answer he’s found so far may somehow be Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr.
Yep. Lil Wayne.
The rapper responsible for such albums like “I Am Not A Human Being” and “I Am Not A Human Being II” could soon be propping up CR7 in the United States, as Ronaldo and Wayne have joined Robinson Cano and Jay-Z as music/sports family.
Cristiano Ronaldo will soon be joining Lil Wayne’s “YMCMB” crew, becoming the first signing of the rapper’s new venture in sports management. Although he has not yet put pen to paper, TMZ sources report that the Portuguese superstar will be represented by Wayne in all affairs based in the United States.
The New Orleans artist will be working alongside PolarisSports, a company affiliated with the agencies through which Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes operates: CAA, and GestiFute. Ronaldo seems to be excited about his new partnership with “Weezy”, tweeting out a picture during his stay in Japan that confirms the move.
The picture they discuss is the one at the top of this page.
So, yes, the next sign of the apocalypse is upon us. We’re not citing The Onion, but TMZ is pretty close. If anyone spots Will.I.Am with Willian, let us know.
- Report: Croatia friendly a no-go, but USMNT still likely to play that date 0
- West Brom 2-2 Manchester United: Blind earns draw for Red Devils on road 0
- Premier League Playback: Liverpool can’t get rid of Luis Suarez hangover 0
- MUST SEE: Wesley Sneijder scores two wonder goals 2
- Where does Sergio Aguero rank with the world’s best? 0
- Michael Bradley to Jurgen Klinsmann: ‘I have thick skin’ 0