Jul 25, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
With one Honduras national teamer being linked to the Houston Dynamo, another is leaving New England.
Jerry Bengtson will ply his trade in Argentina for a year, leaving the Revs on loan for a stint with Belgrano that will run through June 30, 2015.
A Designated Player, the 27-year-old Bengtson has just one goal for New England this year. In a sense, he’s having a very Jozy Altidore experience, as Bengston has produced well-enough for his national team but struggled after a high-profile move in club ball.
Knowing that New England needs reinforcements to move forward, who is coming in?
[ RELATED: Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe ]
In a series of Tweets with fans, New England president Brian Bilello said the club has tabled bids for attacking players around the world, putting a number at between 5-10.
Can’t help but wonder whether the Revs could be a landing spot for — say it with us, as he’s rumored for every MLS opening on Earth — Jermaine Jones. New England is No. 9 in the allocation order, but some USMNT players are not subject to the allocation rankings.
- Deadline Day transfer rumor roundup: Hector to Chelsea, Berahino to Tottenham 0
- How did David de Gea’s move to Real Madrid collapse? Here’s a few answers 3
- Big Spenders: Which Premier League clubs must go all-in on transfer deadline day? 2
- Done Deals: Recapping Man United (and others’) busy day — De Gea drama; Chicharito out; $56 million for Martial 0
- NO DEAL: David de Gea’s transfer to Real Madrid falls through as Man United paperwork arrives too late 7
- Report: De Gea moving to Madrid as Costa Rican hero Navas heads to Old Trafford 5