Jul 25, 2014, 12:09 PM EDT
With one Honduras national teamer being linked to the Houston Dynamo, another is leaving New England.
Jerry Bengtson will ply his trade in Argentina for a year, leaving the Revs on loan for a stint with Belgrano that will run through June 30, 2015.
A Designated Player, the 27-year-old Bengtson has just one goal for New England this year. In a sense, he’s having a very Jozy Altidore experience, as Bengston has produced well-enough for his national team but struggled after a high-profile move in club ball.
Knowing that New England needs reinforcements to move forward, who is coming in?
[ RELATED: Omar Gonzalez still dreams of Europe ]
In a series of Tweets with fans, New England president Brian Bilello said the club has tabled bids for attacking players around the world, putting a number at between 5-10.
Can’t help but wonder whether the Revs could be a landing spot for — say it with us, as he’s rumored for every MLS opening on Earth — Jermaine Jones. New England is No. 9 in the allocation order, but some USMNT players are not subject to the allocation rankings.
- Premier League Playback: Legendary Lampard strikes, United’s shambolic implosion 0
- Men in Blazers podcast: A Night of 1,000 Stars 0
- Report: Sami Khedira to seal $20 million Arsenal move in January 1
- Emotional Lampard just as shocked after pegging back ex-club Chelsea (VIDEO) 0
- Manchester City 1-1 Chelsea: Lampard shocks former club with late equalizer (video) 1
- Mario Balotelli mocks Manchester United on twitter 5